I Am a Type 1 Diabetic and Am Interested in Fraxel Re:pair, Am I a Candidate?

Type 1 Diabetic with somewhat stable but not perfect blood sugar would like to know if anyone has treated anyone who is Type 1 and if the healing time/complications were worse. I am 45, blond, 110 lbs, fair skin. Thank you very much.

Fraxel & Diabetes Type I

+1

In my experience, there should be no reason why your diabetes should preclude you from receiving treatment with Fraxel. Your physician will likely want to know your recent A1c or a history of finger sticks to make sure that you are well-controlled enough for adequate healing, but other than that Diabetes should not be a factor. Hope this helps! 

Diabetes, fraxel, treatment

+1

I am quite familier with type I diabetes. Although wound healing is somewhat slower in these patients, but there is no reason that with the appropriate precautions & goal setting that you could be treated. I have treated patients with type I diabetes without any problems to date.  Discuss with your dermatologist for various available options for the condition you like to be treated.

Web reference: http://www.advanceddermatologypc.com/laser/laser_fraxel.html

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.