Can Faxel Repair Help with Hooded Eyelids and Give Them a Lift?

Fraxel for eye hooding

+2

Absolutely. THe only procedure that can come close to a eye lift is the Fraxel re:pair. It is a very effective treatment for improving wrinklees and laxity around eyes including upper lid hooding. The physician needs to also use the 2mm handpiece for increase tightening. The results can often times mimick surgical eyelifts, if not better. The advantage is that there is no surgical scar lines associated with cutting and sewing of a surgical eyelift.

Fraxel doesn't help with hooding

+1

The short answer is not significantly.  You'll probably be disappointed in the result if you are looking for a significant improvement with uppper eyelid hooding.  Consider eyelid surgery. That will definitely and predictably improve the hooding.

Richard Weiss, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fraxel Repair for Eyelid tightening

+1

The Fraxel Repair can be an excellent tool for upper and lower eyelid tightening, but it can be a very tricky area to treat and care must be taken to avoid eye injury. The results are especially great when combined with CO2 laser resurfacing.  Make sure you see an expert laser dermatologist for this procedure. I have some great examples in my photos on RealSelf.  Take care, Dr. Groff

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Fraxel for Hooded Eyelids

+1

At least in my hands, the answer is "sometimes."  I have seen some remarkable improvements in upper lid hooding with the Fraxel Repair, however there are also cases where I do not believe a significant result was achieved.  Each individual's anatomy as well as the laser settings utilized will determine how much result is obtained.

Alan Brackup, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon