How Long Does It Take for my Skin to Recover?

This is day number 5 and my face is peeling very slowly , I have some scratches from the procedure itself that scares me alot, My face has experienced no redness at all except the first 2 days , my chin flaked off and the new skin isn't red it's white and my skin seems to be flaking off slowly , is it normal? or should I worry? I'm so scared please answer me

This is normal, length depends on how agressive your treatment was

+1

This is normal, the length of healing time depends on how agressive your treatment was.  I would suggest following up with your physician.  But normally my patients have at least 1 full week of downtime.

Post op recovery from Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing

+1

Depending on the protocol utilized, one may experience redness, swelling for the first couple days after Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing. Flaky peeling and grid-like demarcation may ensue after first 48 hours and could last 5-10 days for the face, 7-14 days for neck, and 10-21 days for chest and torso. Keep applying emollients as instructed by your laser surgeon, have a follow-up within first week to make sure there is no post-treatment infection.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/What_s_New.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.