How soon can a tummy tuck be performed after a myomectomy? Can the extra skin and scar tissue be removed. (photo)

Before my surgery my stomach was flat. I only had bloating after I would eat or during my cycle. 18 fibroids were removed with the largest being 10cm. Post op, I have a large flap of skin hanging that's crooked . And of course scar tissue has formed. It is hideous and I can tell that my doctor was trying to preserve my tattoo, so instead of cutting and pulling the skin down, she placed the skin to keep the tattoo in alignment.

How soon can a tummy tuck be performed after a myomectomy? Can the extra skin and scar tissue be removed.

+1

At least a few months. Plus now you understand why GYN surgeons are NOT Plastic Surgeons. there was no thought to the extra skin issue.. 

TT After Fibroid Surgery

+1
Depending on your health and your healing, you may be able to have a mini-abdominoplasty or full abdominoplasty as quickly as 3-6 months after your surgery. Because you didn't have a hysterectomy, you are still fertile and  may have children. You would want to have all your children first before correcting the loose skin on the abdomen. Of course, you should consult your Gyn surgeon and Plastic surgeon for surgical clearance.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after previous surgery of abdomen

+1

There is no specific time table that needs to be followed for tummy tuck after previous abdominal surgery.

You can have tummy tuck anytime.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Surgery timing

+1
HI Skatequeen.  I suggest you wait about 3 to 6 months after your myomectomy before having any more surgery.  Your body needs time to recover from your first surgery.  Also, your appearance may change during the healing process, and surgical planning will be more reliable after this has occurred.  Finally, I suggest you tell your plastic surgeon whether or not you are willing to sacrifice the tattoo in order to get a better result.  Good luck!

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1

The tummy tuck would be able to address loose skin and tighten the abdominal wall. This could be done 3 months after the previous surgery. 

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.