MediHoney for tummy tuck scars? Do they work?

I have recently read that these are the best gauze to use after a tummy tuck to reduce scarring an infection. Is this true? If so how soo should they be used and how often should they be changed? They are 5 for 50 so I'm assuming they last a few days. What about the paste or the gel?

Tummy tuck scar care

+1
Your plastic surgeon will give you specific guidance on how to best manage your scars after tummy tuck. For any scar treatment, you should look for clinical trials in which half of a scar is treated compared to the other half with standard care. Since scars tend to improve with time anyway, "before & after" pictures are not meaningful for scar treatments regardless of the science behind the treatment.

Scar care?

+1

Most of the claims about scar creams, vitamin scar treatments, and "magic scar formulas" are scientifically unsubstantiated and have no validity. Currently silicone sheeting is the most effective product for scar management. Depending on the anatomical area, sheeting is not always easy to use. In that case, bioCorneum®+, a silicone gel with SPF protection has been demonstrated to be effective. It is important to realize that scarring is dependent on many factors including: the location of the scar, its cause, your general medical health, and your individual ability to heal, which has a significant hereditary component. I would suggest that you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon, who should be board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon