Is Tumescent Chin Liposuction the Least Invasive Form of Chin Liposuction?

What is the size of the incision and how visible is the scar from tumescent chin liposuction?

Tumescent chin liposuction heals very quickly

+1

Tumescent anesthesia liposuction heals quickly. The skin openings are almost always invisible. It's a very straightforward procedure to go through. I combine tumescent anesthesia liposuction with SlimLipo laser to make this gentle procedure even easier by prepping the fat by heating it. It also aids in skin tightening.

Tumescent anesthesia liposuction under the chin is a very rewarding procedure in the right person.

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Tumescent liposuction leaves minimal visible scars

+1

Tumescent liposuction uses microcannulas, very small instruments to remove fat from the chin or "submental" area.  If it is appropriate for the patient, I often combine this procedure with fractionated laser resurfacing for full neck rejuvenation.  In these cases, the entrance sites of the cannulas virtually disappear and skin smoothening, texture, and contraction is enhanced.  Furthermore, the tumescent anesthesia allows for the laser procedure to be completely painless.  Downtime is minimal, and patient can return to work within a few days.

Melanie D. Palm, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sub-mental liposuction is the proper name

+1

Liposuction of the area is actually done below the chin. (If you liposuction the chin itself you are likely to get chin droop.)

It is one of the most effective and simple techniques in young patients with good skin elasticity. However it is not a great operation in patients who have excess skin as well as fat. 

Incisions are minimal and we actually use perforations rather than incisions. Most patients will be out and about the next day.

Dr. Mayl

Fort lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Chin?

+1

Incisions for chin liposuction surgery measure to 2-3  millimeters  and are usually placed behind the ears and/or under the chin.  This procedure is useful in treating small areas of diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue with overlying  skin that demonstrates adequate skin elasticity to retrace nicely.

Chin Liposuction

+1

"Tumescent" simply means that a large amount of salt water (saline) mixed with lidocaine is used for local anesthesia.  This minimizes bleeding and bruising, and help s lift the fat off the deeper structure in the neck. 

It makes liposuction safer, easier, with less downtime and less bruising, using a a beam of light (laser) to gently melt the fat, as opposed to a machine that "sucks" is even less traumatic in my opinion.

A tiny nick in the skin is made and a fiberplastic laser (the size of a strand of uncooked spaghetti) is used to melt the fat.  This is called laser lipolysis -- in my opinion, it is the least invasive, least traumatic as long as you consult a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who specializes in this technique.

Deborah Sarnoff, MD

There are no big scars with the micro cannulas tumescent liposuction! .

+1

The tiny openings are threw a needle stick only and so there are no scars at all with the micro cannula tumescent liposuction.  It is under local anesthesia and you can drive yourself home afterwards and back to work in 24 hrs without anyone knowing you had it done. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Is Tumescent Liposuction The Least Invasive Way To Treat Chin?

+1

Thanks for the question.  If the problem you are seeking to address is a small collection of fat in the submental area-the area directly under the chin-then liposuction is usually very effective in obtaining the desired result.  This of course depends upon the amount and placement of the fat and the quality of the skin.  This incisions are usually very small; 2-3mm and are hidden under the chin and sometimes by the ears.  They usually heal with almost invisible scars.  I would like to suggest you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can discuss with you what treatment is best for you.  Thanks.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Usually No Scar After Chin Lipo

+1

The suction is performed from under the chin and sometimes below the ears. The incisions are tiny and heal without a stitch. A Band-aid for a day or so and the red spots should be well within a month.

Two millimeters is our most common size incision.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon