Incomplete Liposuction On Inner Thighs 2 Months Post Op. How Can I Fix This? (photo)

I had tumescent liposuction on my inner thighs while under general anaesthesia.I have since read that "Liposuction of the inner thighs with the patient lying on their back does not allow sufficient access to the fat on the posterior portion of the inner thighs which therefore is often insufficiently treated".The fat which is still on my inner thighs is in the posterior area.What can I do to fix this ASAP? I am devastated that my surgeon did not mention this to me before surgery!(2months post op)

Inner thigh liposuction is very dangerous because of the thin skin

+4

The only role for liposuction in the inner thigh is conservative.  I have seen at least 7 patients come to me after going elsewhere for aggressive inner thigh lipo who were basically destroyed for life because the thin poorly elastic skin (look at what you are pinching in your photo) doesn't shrink well and leaves a horrible loose, baggy, or scarred result.  So maybe all you should do is try to smooth out the difference but don't try to get too aggressive here or you may well create a situation far more devsatating to you than what you have now.

Liposuction Inner Thighs?

+3

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Liposuction of the inner thighs is a relatively risky  endeavor. The skin in this area  is relatively thin and the potential for problems such as skin contour irregularities  and contour deformities is relatively high. For this reason, I do not perform liposuction of the medial thighs for most patients who request it.

I would agree with Dr. Rand's suggestion that, in your quest to improve a problem area,  you avoid  another problem that is very difficult (if not impossible) to correct.  BE CAREFUL!

I  hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_liposuction.htm

Medial thigh liposuction

+2

You still have some fat in the medial thigh. There is no other good position to put the patient in to access the medial thigh. Some times I frog the legs , some times I lift the legs at the ankle (special devise), some times I have the assistant hold the leg up.

However one should never be aggressive with liposuction of the inner thigh, because the ski is very thin , even in young people, and it can easily destroy the inner thighs, with over liposuction, dents irrigularities and excess skin

Skin Sag Following Liposuction in Inner Thighs

+1

It’s not unusual for patients to be concerned about the appearance of their inner thighs.  When this problem occurs localized, fat accumulation is often accompanied by skin with poor elasticity.  For this reason surgeons are conservative when performing liposuction on the inner thighs.  When aggressive tumescent liposuction is performed on this area, skin sag is often the result.

When tumescent liposuction is performed it’s not unusual for post-operative changes to occur for several monthly following surgery.  These changes occur for a variety of reasons including prolonged swelling, scarring of the deep tissue and the elasticity of the overlying skin.  For this reason revisional surgery should be delayed for at least six months following the original procedure.

Your pictures suggest the presence of inner thigh skin sag, but it’s difficult to know for certainty without performing a physical exam.  If your skin snaps back after six months you may be a candidate for additional tumescent liposuction.  If loose skin persist the only available option may be a thigh lift procedure.

It’s important to discuss these issues with your plastic surgeon.  It’s important to be patient, because wound healing is a dynamic process that takes months to stabilize.  When your surgeon feels that you have reached maximal recovery a treatment plan can be formulated to address residual issues.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Inner thigh lipo

+1

I would not agree with the statement you quoted or with Dr. Day. The fat can be removed while lying down and patients can be turned over easily while asleep

Liposuction of inner thigh

+1

Inner thigh liposuction should be done conservatively in most cases. the skin is very thin and if done too aggressively, can make the area appear very loose.

Avoid General Anesthesia for Liposuction

+1

I commonly treat the inner thighs using tumescent liposuction without general anesthesia. The fat there numbs quite well using the tumescent solution. Adding lorazepam or another mild tranquilizer keep you comfortable yet allows turning during the procedure so that the front AND the back of the inner thigh can be suctioned properly.

Unfortunately, many surgeons were trained and continue to use general anesthesia.  Under general anesthesia, a breathing tube is put in your throat which makes turning almost impossible.

Next time, look for someone, possibly a dermatologic surgeon who can do your small amount of liposuction totally under local anesthesia.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon