I tripped/fell on my face five days ago - nose hurt severely but ct showed it wasn't broken? (photo)

Face numbness and nose still hurts? My nose naturally had a bump but after my fall it seems swollen all around; still hurts severely. The fall was bad enough to have a concussion - Fell onto concrete. facial numbness through my nose and down to my front teeth. Can move the middle part of my nose around but that may be normal. Wondering how long the pain should last in my nose and who I would see if it continues? Tried of get the same angle on the picture - left was last month and the right is my nose five days after the fall.

I tripped/fell on my face five days ago - nose hurt severely but ct showed it wasn't broken?

+1

If you are concerned, I would have a surgeon examine your nose for you.

Diagnosing a Nasal Fracture and need for Rhinoplasty

+1

After a fall, swelling can obscure a fracture or other deformity. A CT scan is helpful, but deformities can still be missed. The inside of the nose should be examined for soft tissue damage or hematoma. If you are worried, it is best to consult with a facial plastic surgeon to be certain. If I don't detect significant nasal injury on initial exam, I often have the patient return in 10 days once the swelling has resolved to re-evaluate. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon