Rubbed nose too hard when it was still healing from open rhino; turned red, then healed, but is still discolored?

Will this change? Bumped my nose at 6 wks post-op,then massaged too hard at 12 weeks post-op(have since stopped), hitting a blood vessel under my skin that caused half the nose to reswell a 2nd time. Now,18 wks post op,one side of the nose (healed side) is "flesh colored" while the other side (w/ the blood vessel)is pale/overprojected/lumpy.My surgeon checked my nose; I had a Medpor implant put in the tip & it's intact.I'm not touching my nose anymore, but why is the "unhealed" side so discolored?Will this heal?

Update: 4.5 months post-up & bumped my nose 6 wks post-op, then massaged it too hard on 1side, hitting a blood vessel under the skin.Massive blob of scar tissue around tip,but it is no longer hard on top, only on the sides. (The problem w/ the massage was 6 wks ago, 3 mths post-op).The nose is overprojected/bulbous around a Medpor tip-top graft, but looked great by week 8 when unswollen (evening). Doctor refused kenalog at check-up;is the softness a sign that this is permanent scar tissue, not swelling?

Discoloration Post Open Rhinoplasty

+1
Without the benefit of a picture or exam, it is very difficult to give you sound advice however, leave your nose alone. Consult and trust your surgeon's guidance and advice. It takes one year for the final result. Chances are that the discoloration will dissipate over time.

Best wishes

West Orange Plastic Surgeon