Why Topifoam After Cellulaze?

Cellulite Treatments for the hips, thighs, and buttocks

+1

I perform the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment as opposed to Cellulaze and have found oral supplements and meticulous technique to help ease bruising after surgery. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Topi Foam After Laser Cellulite Treatment

+1

Topi-Foam was quite popular early after liposuction was introduced. It helped to reduce brusing, swelling and to improve the eveness of the skin surface.  From a patient perspective, it also improved comfort by providing cushioning in the tender areas treated.  The same experience has been seen with laser cellulite treatments. It is most effective when worn under a compression garment.  All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Topifoam helps to reduce swelling after Cellulaze

+1

After the Cellulaze procedure, you should expect to be swollen and bruised for up to 3 weeks.  the Topifoam gives addtional compression in crtain areas in addition ot the garment to help keep swelling and bruising downThanks Dr. DiBernardo

Barry E. DiBernardo, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Use of Topifoam After Cellulaze?

+1

We routinely use Topifoam after Cellulaze treatment, and I think there are several benefits from it's use. You can think of the Cellulaze treatment as creating a potential space under the skin where fluid could collect following a Cellulaze treatment. If fluid did collect, this would be called a Seroma and usually requires treatment by aspiration with needle and syringe - obviously something to be avoided if possible. Since we are already injecting fluid into the tissues as part of the Cellulaze treatment, we want as much of that fluid to come through the small incisions that are made to do the treatment. The topifoam provides focused compression over the treatment area to compress fluid out of the area, much of which "leaks" out of the incision in the first 24 hrs after the procedure.

I also think patients are more comfortable with Topifoam applied over the treatment area. Topifoam is very soft. Most Cellulaze treatments are of the back of the thigh or buttock. It can be pretty unconfortable to sit down for several days after the procedure and I think having Topifoam over the treatment area makes it much less painful. Our experience has been that most patients require a few pain pills during the first couple days after surgery and then do fine. We have patients wear the Topifoam for several days, and then transition to a Spanx type compression garment.

Braden Stridde, MD
Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Optimal Compression Guide

+1

The use of topifoam dressings to help reduce immediate swelling, followed by diligent use of a medical grade compression garment for the first 4 weeks post op, followed by the use of a second stage or lighter compression garment for 3 weeks thereafter is optimal.

Salman Ashruf, MD

Compression therapy

+1

Topifoam is used to help with compression.  I usually recommend my patients to wear compression garment for 3 week and then to wear Spanx for another 2-3 weeks.  Both the compression garment and Spanx should be snug around your body and should cover the entire treatment area.  If you can wear the garment/Spanx at all times, that would be better; however, you can take them off at night times.  Plastic surgeons differ in our postoperative care and instruction; you should follow your plastic surgeon's advice.

Best of luck.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Topifoam add compression and may help reduce bruising and seroma formation.

+1

It all depends on the judgement of the doctor performing the procedure. Topifoam add compression and may help reduce bruising and seroma formation (fluid bubbles) following the procedure. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Foam treatment reduces bruising after Cellulaze

+1

Bruising is a common side effect of Cellulaze.  We have noted that using a foam - type treatment (of various brands) significantly reduces the amount of bruising and its duration.  We use foam dressings routinely after Cellulaze.

Mario Diana, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Compression is important

+1

Some cellulaze surgeons like to you products like "rest-on-foam" or topifoam to facilitate compression of the areas receiving treatment.  They work well with compression garments.  Hope this helps!
Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS