Cellulite Worse After Cellulaze?

I had Cellulaze on May 2nd on my out thighs and from the knee up and smart lipo on knees and inner thighs. My cellulite is so much worse and has moved to be even more prominent above the knee. I was more comfortable in shorts before the procedure. My Dr. said this is normal but is it really? Any additional input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Cellulaze outcome

+2

I know it may seem frustrating, but you have to give it time to heal correctly, which can take up to 3-6 months. You may actually still be swollen under the skin which will again take time to heal. The results are worth the wait!

Cellulite Worse After Cellulaze

+2
Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend. Since your Cellulaze treatment was recent, you have not seen the final results and are still in the recovery stage. Give it 3-6 months, and if you still feel your cellulite is worse, consult with the doctor who performed the treatment and voice your concerns. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Legs look worse after Cellulaze

+2

Bodies go through many different phases of transformation after surgery--especially something like Cellulaze.  It is not unusual to feel bigger, lumpier, puffy, uneven, sore, etc. It is all part of the process.  Swelling and fluid can make the legs look worse and may even make your knees look like they're sagging.  In time, once the fluids and swelling has diminished and resolved and the skin has tightened up from the heating that occurred, you'll notice the lumps smoothing and the contours improving.  I know it's difficult to be patient after going through all this already but give it time and you'll certainly see the improvements. Talk to your surgeon about what else you may be able to do to speed your healing. Hang in there. Good luck!

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Cellulaze swelling

+2

In some patients, at around 3 weeks after treatment, the cellulite can look worse before it looks better.  This has to do will a differential resolution of your swelling.  Don't worry, with compression garments and time, things will get better.  It can take 3-6 months to see your final results.  Best of luck.

Sugene Kim, MD

Cellulaze treatments take time to see the final results.

+2

If you are concerned about your Cellulaze treatment results, please continue to consult with the doctor who did your procedure.  If it does not improve within a few more months, you could get a second opinion from another expert.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling after cellulaze

+2

Cellulaze is an effective treatment for cellulite.   But it truly takes AT LEAST 3-6 months to see your final results.  I also tell all my patients before their treatment that after their procedure, treated areas may look  worse before they look better.   Continue with your compression garments.  Follow up with your PS at 3 and 6 months.  Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulite Worse After Cellulaze

+2

Please forward photos so we can compare the appearance now. Best to allow more time to heal but at this amount of post treatment time hard to believe you still have bruises. 

Appearance after cellulaze

+2

The improvement that occurs with a properly performed cellulaze treatment is progressive and peaks around 3 months or sometimes a little later.  It may be that it is just taking a little more time than average for the treatment to show its effect.  Perhaps massage might help if you seem to be carrying a significant amount of swelling.  I would suggest that you followup with your original doctor to see what he or she recommends.  Good luck!

John Q. Cook, MD

Cellulite looks worse after Cellulaze

+1

Hello and thanks for the question.  This question comes up often here.  During my consultations with patients I make sure they understand that the results will not show up immediately, and can look worse because of the swelling.  The results start to improve by the 3-6 months, and can continue for up to a year after the surgery.  Please have patience with the procedure, and I am sure you will be pleased once it has taken affect.  Best of luck.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD