Disappointed So Far -When Do You Start Seeing Results with Cellulaze?

I know full results take 3 to 6 months. But when do you start seeing results? And I am not talking about swelling that masks the cellulite, and people are mistaking this ( like me) for improvement in the first month. I am five weeks post-op. I just want to know that I didn't throw $7400 down the drain. Because that is what I am feeling now. My doctor was in the trials.

When do see the results for Cellulaze

+2

I think you see results after the initial swelling starts to subside. The swelling makes everything look great the first week or two.  Then you can see or feel some unevenness and perhaps some lumps under the skin.  If the cellulite was Grade III, which means a lot of bulging fat and retracted areas, more energy was used to lower the fat and release the septal bands.  That takes time to heal because the areas of fat reduction will be firm for a month or two and gradually resorb and soften.  For lesser cellulite, the mattress-like Grade II, the results will look better sooner.  I think you have to give it at least 2-3 months to make a judgement.

3D pictures were taken of the healing process and color coded to show the deepest areas as red, then yellow, green and blue, with blue being the level surface. The pictures showed the pre-op depression with the red and yellow changing to green and blue at three months, and then all blue at six months. Skin contraction goes on for about six months. 

Since the laser was first released in March for domestic sales, most practices do not have patients that are more than 3-4 months out from their procedure. We are all following our patients and not making any judgments in any particular case until 3-4 months goes by.  Having said that, our patients are telling us that they see significant improvement at all stages. The stages that really count will be the long-term 3-6 months period. I have seen marked improvement at the six-week period. More time than five weeks is needed to evaluate your results.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Be patient for results with Cellulaze

+1

Hello and thanks for the question.  This question comes up often here.  During my consultations with patients I make sure they understand that the results will not show up immediately, and can look worse because of the swelling.  The results start to improve by the 3-6 months, and can continue for up to a year after the surgery.  Please have patience with the procedure, and I am sure you will be pleased once it has taken affect.  Best of luck.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Results from Cellulaze

+1

Though Cellulaze is minimally invasive and you may feel like you are done healing from the procedure, you've only just begun.  It really does take 3-6 months to see the improvement...Swelling needs to subside, tissue evens out, new collagen builds, tissue thickens...the body needs time.  I know it gets difficult to be patient when you've already spent a lot of money and gone through surgery but that's what's involved now.  Talk to the surgeon that performed your procedure and see if there are still things for you to do to speed or improve your results--like Smoothshapes, lymphatic massage, continuing to wear your compression garments, etc.    No one can promise perfection but patients do see significant improvement and have been very pleased. Hang in there.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Seeing Results After Cellulaze

+1

Results are generally achieved with just one Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment. Your results will continue to improve over the next three to twelve months. Since only 5 weeks have passed since your treatment, do not be discouraged. Your results will reveal themselves gradually over the next few months. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulite results

+1

Every patient is different with the improvement of their cellulite; some may see a result earlier than others. You really need to give it the full 3-6 months to see a result.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulite will improve over several months post Cellulaze

+1

In all of our studies for Cellulaze, there was expected swelling and bruising for the first several weeks.  Resolution of the cellulite is first visible at or about 3 months ( althoug some will be faster)..This can continue to improve out to 6 months.  Part of this is due to the thickening of the skin that takes place from the heat stimulation of these cells. I would disgree with the comment that although the 1440 wavelength has been around, the side firing fiber is unique to achieve these results. You should wait further to let the healing and improve occur

There are several mechanisms of action taking place in the recovery from Cellulaze. 

Barry E. DiBernardo, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

When Do You Start Seeing Results with Cellulaze?

+1

The technology behind Cellulaze has been studied extensively.  The laser treatment is designed to treat the 3 major components that cause cellulite, and biologically it makes sense.

If the Cellulaze laser is used correctly, the plastic surgeon, can actually feel the little fibers releasing during the Cellulaze procedure and can actually visualize the results  as well. You should see a marked improvement in your treated areas and it should only get better over time...the compression garment is an important component in the post-operative period, and you should discuss your concerns directly with your plastic surgeon.

Kenneth A. Marshall, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Beware of new machines promising cellulite cure

+1

Cellulite is a complex problem and historically, no claims regarding longterm treatment of cellulite have stood the test of time. The 1440 nm wavelength in Cellulaze is nothing new and it has been used in other machines in much the same manner with subcutaneous delivery using a fiber for at least a couple of years. The best one can hope for based on available information is temporary reduction or improvement of cellulite if the procedure is performed correctly and on an appropriate candidate.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon