How Long Do I Need to Wait to Exercise After Cellulaze?

Is there a standard, agreed upon, period of time a person needs to wait to workout after having Cellulaze or does it very from person to person? What would be the possible risks if a person started to exercise too early?

Workout after Cellulaze

+3

We like to have our patients wait at least one week until they resume any type of workout. During this time don’t push yourself, listen to your body.

Exercise after cellulaze

+3

I generally advise no working out for about 2 weeks after a cellulaze procedure.  But please talk to your plastic surgeon for his/her specific recommendations.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

I allow my patients to exercise after 5 days

+3

different surgeons will have different ideas. i allow my patients to be active and return to work the next day. i ask them to avoid strenuous exercising for 5 days and after that they can go as hard as they feel comfortable doing. 

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze Recovery Period

+3
There is minimal recovery following Cellulaze anti-cellulite treatments. Patients may experience some bruising and discomfort. In addition, small amounts of fluid may leak from the incision sites. However, work and most other normal activities can typically be resumed within a day or two of treatment. Compression garment may need to be worn for a period of time and strenuous activities and exercise should be postponed for one to two weeks. Immediate improvement will be seen after treatment and results will continue to improve over the next three to twelve months as new collagen growth occurs.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

+2

Although most patients do not have significant complaints about pain, swelling or bruising after Cellulaze treatment, it is standard practice to wait at least two weeks after treatment to get back to exercising regularly. During the two week time frame, you can certainly walk or even jog lightly, but doing anything more than that may cause swelling of the legs which can lead to complications. It is important to follow your physician's post treatment instructions carefully to avoid any unnecessary delays in the healing process.

Kenneth A. Marshall, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after Cellulaze

+1

There really is no simple answer.  Recommendations will vary by surgeon and by patient as well.  Some procedures are much more involved than others.  If you exercise too soon, your swelling will increase and you may even get more fluid building up in the tissue.  For most patients, we recommend wearing a compression garment continuously for the first 2 weeks and not doing strenuous exercise.  Talk to your surgeon for specific details on what exercises to do and not do following treatment.  If you have started to exercise and you see an increase in swelling or are experiencing pain let your surgeon know.  Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD