How Long Before I See Mommy Makeover Results?

I'm 4 weeks from surgery now. I was supposed to have breast augmentation with mastopexy, lipo of waist and love handles, and reversed tummy tuck. However, during surgery the doctor did not tuck the upper abdomen and avoided the mastopexy. The lower abdomen tuck is OK. The implants, however, are still very high and my breasts seem to be hanging down the implants, with nipples pointing down. The upper abdomen is loose and the love handles are still puffed and soft. Will I need revision surgery?

Mommy Makeover Results

+4

Mommy Makeover Results will reveal themselves in several stages. In the immediate post-op period, the patient will see dramatic changes in the placement, shape and size of their breasts. There will be some swelling in the breasts, so over the next 8 to 12 weeks, the breasts will "settle".  In addition, any scars will go through a series of changes from the " surgical" line look of the early post-op period, to the slightly red, raised look of the first several months, to the mature , white scar that will emerge up to 2 years. Mastopexy surgery with implants can be tricky as implants occasionally will ride to high with the skin and nipples hanging below the implant. On occasion, patient's will need revisionary surgery to correct this deformity. At 4 weeks, you should discuss the implant placement with your doctor as an elastic strap above the breasts can sometimes override the tendency to sit too high on the chest wall.

The abdominal component of the mommy makeover will also go through a series of changes. If you have severe diastasis or stretching and splaying of your abdominal wall muscles, you will notice an instant, dramatic change in your abdomen. The skin component of your abdomen is likely to be swollen in the early healing phase. Abdominal swelling will dramatically decrease over the first 3 months and then more subtle changes will occur up to 2 years. Swelling reduces from top down so patients can expect swelling to disappear first in the breast, later the upper abdomen, and finally the lower abdomen and the pubic area. Liposuction swelling takes up to at least 8 weeks to see a final result.

Mommy Makeover Results

+1

You will start seeing your results at 3-6 months post op surgery.  Your breast implants will need to settle into their pocket, the swelling needs to go away, etc..

Please allow your body time to heal and once you are at the 6 month mark, you can discuss revisionary surgery with your surgeon if you feel that there are issues that need to be concerned.

The scar can take up to one full year to mature - I usually ask my tummy tuck patients to wait a year before we do any type of scar revision.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_mommyMakeover.htm

Results make take 2-3 months to see after cosmetic surgery

+1

It may take 2-3 months for all of your swelling to resolve before you see the results of your surgery. 

Web reference: http://www.BaltimorePlasticSurgery.com

Mommy makeover result

+1

I agree with my colleagues that 4 weeks is too short of time to see the final result of mommy makeover.  It takes up to 3 months for the implants to "settle."  As the implants "settle" in their pockets, the breast and nipples will appear to go up.  However, if you are not happy with your result at 3 months, you should wait at least 6 months before undergoing a revisional surgery.  In terms of liposuction and tummy tuck, also give another month to see your final result.  Meanwhile, wear abdominal binder/garment around your trunk area and limit physical activities/exercises.

Mommy Makevoer results

+1

You did not make it clear on why you did not have the surgeries that you were supposed to. As for the other procedures taht you had, you have to give it time for the swelling to go down.

When will I see results?

+1

In general it takes 6 weeks to 3 months to see results from surgery. Wounds generally heal in six weeks but then change over the next year during the remodeling phase. Breast surgery involving lifting and implant placement at the same time is challenging and requires at least the above noted time to settle. I would recommend that you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon as without seeing pictures it is difficult to discuss your particular case.

Four weeks after mommy makeover is too early to see results

+1

Four weeks after mommy makeover is too early to see results. I commonly tell my patients that it will take 6-9 months to see the long term results of breast augmentation surgery. Give it more time. You are still depositing scar tissue and it has not yet begun to mature.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/other-procedures-chicago/labiaplasty-and-mommy-makeover/

Results after Mommy Makeover

+1

The final results after mommy makeover procedures will be observed at different times after surgery. Liposuction usually take several weeks to produce its final appearance, depending on the amount of fat removed and how much the skin needs to shrink. The position of breast implants may change over the course of the first few weeks after breast augmentation. Excess skin from an the abdomen and flanks is removed at the time of abdominoplasty and that should be apparent very soon after surgery once swelling resolves.

4 weeks out from surgery, what should i expect

+1

at 4 weeks it is too early to determine what your result will be. It is important for you to maintain a dialogue with your MD and share with him/her your concerns. Without seeing photos it is always hard to tell, but I would urge you to discuss with your MD and ask him what he/she expects and when would be the right time to start thinking about revisionary surgery.

Revision of mommy makeover

+1

You seem to have several problems. Pretty much what you see at this time is permanent. You most likely will need revision surgery.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.