Can These Thighs Be Fixed? After Losing 100 Lbs, the Thighs Are Ugly and I Just Want to Hide. (photo)

There is nothing uglier to me than the way I look in anything across the area between my knees and lower torso. Ugh.. stretched out skin, genetics, lumpy, cottage cheese that even looks awful under clothes. Things that fit in the waist don't fit in the thighs. I've quit exercising because no amount of walking, climbing or anything seems to do a darn thing and there are a lot of doctors, who say there's no hope. Is there any hope for visual improvement?

Thigh lift / bodylift , Toronto Plastic Surgeon , Dr. Adibfar

+1

Hello;

Congratulations on your major weight loss.

You seem to have saggy skin following your weight loss in conjunction with some residual lipo dystrophy in the lower extremity.

You could benefit from a circumferential body lift in addition to a vertical scar medial thigh lift

Some "debulking " may have to be done with liposuction during this surgery in order to maximize the lift and excision of loose skin.

You should get this specialized procedure done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in advance body contouring.

Can These Thighs Be Fixed? After Losing 100 Lbs, the Thighs Are Ugly and I Just Want to Hide.

+1

Just from looking at the pictures, the medial thigh lift would make a dramatic improvement on the look of your thighs.  Other procedures can be performed after that, but I would start with that.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures each year.  Look at website before and after photos and decide which surgeon can give the results you desire.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Loose skin of thighs after 100 pound weight loss

+1

Congratulations, first of all, on your weight loss!  The medial thigh lift with fascial anchoring as originally described by Dr. Ted Lockwood will help the inner thighs.  The high lateral tension abdominoplasty will tighten the abdomen and lift the upper portions of the anterior thighs.  The posterior body lift will tighten the "saddle bag" area and lift the upper buttock area.  These are all big procedures, but for healthy well-motivated patients the results are significant.  One limit is that the further you go down on the leg (toward the knee), the less powerful will be the tightening. I hope this information helps you.

John Q. Cook, MD

Thigh lift

+1

A medial thigh lift performed in the longitudinal method will correct your deformities. This can be performed with minimal complications

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon