Outer and Inner Thigh Lift?

Hi, is it possible to combine a Liposuction on the outer and inner thigh with a outer and inner thigh lift? or do you need two seperate operations where you have an inner thigh lift at first and in the second one an outher thigh lift? Thank you

Inner and Outer Thigh Lifts Can be Combined

+1

Yes it is possible to do an inner and outer thigh lift at the same time.  I have done this before on many patients who have a significant amount of both inner and outer excess skin and fat. 

I think it is unnecessary to do this in two separate surgeries and prefer combining them in one procedure.  The incision is made from the upper and outer hip down to the lateral portion of the knee and then another incision is made from the inseam down to the inner portion of the knee.  An elliptical area is removed from the inner and the outer leg as well as a significant amount of fat.  I have not had issues with blood flow or vascularity to the incisions, upper leg, or lower leg.  In addition I have had no patients with lymph edema with this procedure. 

I find it a very useful procedure to debulk grade 4 legs with excess skin and fat or both inner and outer thighs.

Congratulations on your weight loss and good luck on completing your weight loss journey.

Thank you,

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Thigh lift

+1

In my opinion you are better off doing the outer thigh lift/belt lipectomy first because this tightens the inner thighs a bit. Then when you do the inner thighs it is a lesser procedure than it otherwise would be. Doing them together could result in tension on the medial thigh repair and problems with healing or scarring. Whether or not to do liposuction at the same time would depend on what is being removed and what is being left behind at surgery. That cannot be addressed in this forum given the limitations of an online discussion.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Thigh lift with liposuction

+1

You can possibly do both simultaneously but it must be done very conservatively and carefully as there is a higher risk of healing problems when aggressive liposuction is combined with aggressive surgical lifting of tissues. Have a careful and detailed consultation with your plastic surgeon. Often, a need for a combination of liposuction with lifting indicates that you are not an ideal candidate for surgery and thus would face a higher risk of complications or failure to achieve your goals.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD