Will This Scar Flatten? (photo)

this is my scar at three weeks. My surgeon said this will flatten out... do you think this is true?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Scars Take 18 Months to Fully Mature

+1

Thank you for your question and photo.  The photo of your posterior thighlift scar looks reasonable for 3 weeks.  I agree with your surgeon that it should settle with time.  The puckering is due to deep sutures used to reset the fold under the buttock.  If It does not faltten out in 3-6 months you should discuss with your surgeon.  Scars take 18 months to fully mature to their final state.  If a revision is necessary, you should wait until then.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.bitarinstitute.com

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon