Will the Sides of my Nose Go Down?

Just wanted to double check this. theres swelling on the sides of my nose, its hard, but not bone because if i gently massage it it goes down. but the next day itll be back up. will these eventually go down and stay down? 2 weeks and two days post op btw.

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

It's important to remember that swelling can take up to two years to fully diminish after undergoing a rhinoplasty. Since you're so early on in the recovery process, it's important to be patient during this time. Your swelling will continue to go down over the course of the next several months and more optimal results will most likely present themselves.

Will the sides of my nose go down?

+1

After two weeks, you will still be significantly swollen. It can take 18-24 months to see the final result of your surgery. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. Your nose will continue to improve while you heal. In the meantime, I would recommend communicating any immediate post-operative concerns to your surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with your recovery. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Most likely it will

+1

It is too early to worry about your results.  Allow more time for the swelling to go away; we usually say that it takes about 12 months for the nose to heal.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Nasal post op swelling

+1

You are describing pot operative swelling perfectly. This will go down. Pressure is better than massage as I have seen some of my patient massage so hard that it swelled more. If you wear glasses you may also see an indentation.

David Ellis MD FRCSC Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon at Art of Facial Surgery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Post Operative Swelling

+1

It is quite normal to have swelling over the sides of the nose following rhinoplasty.  This will improve over time but may take from 6 to 12 months to fully resolve.  I  suggest preforming light compression exercises to the nose two to three times a day.  Lightly compress the nose on both sides using your  your thumbs.  The compression should help speed this process.  Check first with your surgeon to see that it is OK to start the compression exercises. Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Bump on nose following rhino

+1

Photos always helpful

2 wks is early so many things will change

The intermittent nature of it makes me think it is edema (swelling)

If so there is significant potential it will improve

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Bumps on side of nsoe

+1

At two weeks after a rhinoplasty you are probably very swollen. Give it time for things to settles down. The bumps may go away.

Swelling on sides of nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It is completely normal to have swelling present at two weeks after rhinoplasty.  The appearance of your nose will still change with more time.  I would wait at least 6-12 months before evaluating what your nose may look like and  sometimes the swelling can take even longer to subside completely.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

It will take several months for complete healing after rhinoplasty and in fact after a most surgeries. I would not manipulate the nose at this time as I can displaced nasal bone.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling along side of nose two weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling along the side of the nose is normal this early following a rhinoplasty especially when bone work is performed.  The fact that it goes away with pressure is encouraging and it should disappear completely over time.

Andrew B. Denton, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon