Can I Make My Nose Bridge Lower/Flatter? (photo)

Hi! I want my nose like asian .is it possible to have like a asian nose(with low nose bridge= (sorry my poor english)

Lowering Nasal Bridge

+3

It is possible to lower the nasal bridge with rhinoplasty surgery. I recommend that you reduce the radix, the top of your bridge, to achieve more separation between your nose and forehead. You need an experienced surgeon to achieve  this and have a natural result.

Asian looking nose needs tip surgery as well as nose bridge lowering

+3

You can certainly have your nose bridge lowered, but the tip of the nose also needs to be lowered at the same time otherwise you will result with a 'polly beak' nose. Typical Asian noses have a low nose tip with some flaring of the nostrils. To lower the tip of your nose will require surgery to your tip cartilages.

John Calinikos, MD
South Africa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lowering the Nasal Bridge with Rhinoplasty

+2

The nasal bridge can be lowered in the manner you desire.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Distinction between what is technically feasible and aesthetically pleasing

+2

It's certainly possible to lower your bridge and create a "flatter" look.  I would suggest consulting with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist to determine what is aesthetically pleasing before pursuing surgery.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Flatter nose?

+2

It is certainly possible to take down the dorsum a bit to make it flatter. An exam in person is critical.

Rhinoplasty for high bridge and radix

+2

A rhinoplasty can accomplish shaving down high bridge and radix. Once the cartilage and bone  Has been shaved down off the bridge line, osteotomies will need to be performed to narrow the bones and prevent the open roof deformity. Any minor tip adjustments can also be performed same time. Virtual rhinoplasty imaging is available on our website  for you to try out.

Flatter nasal bridge

+2

Yes you can differently get the projection of your nasal bridge lower. That would make your nose look wider. Probably deepening the nasal frontal angle at the top of the nose so the nose starts lower would give a more Asian type of appearance. 

See your surgeon and have him or her image your face to see what style of nose would be more aesthetically pleasing to your face.

David Ellis MD FRCSC Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon at Art of Facial Surgery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgery

+2

Dear demeter,

• Yes, it is possible to have a smaller nose with lower bridge
  • When you are ready, please visit a rhinoplasty surgeon so you can get all of your questions answered

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD