Can the Corners of the Mouth Be Cut to Widen a Smile? What is the Approx. Cost of Such Procedure? (photo)

My smile is terrible. It's not wide enough for my big, but close together teeth! Also, the corners point downward. Is there a surgery that can widen it a little bit, and make me look happier?? When I smile, people don't think I'm smiling all the way. And when I am not smiling, people think there's something wrong, or that I'm mad.

Unhappy with smile

+2

Thank you for the photo. May I suggest - just from the photo - for your smile 

• Please do not have surgery that cuts the corners of your lips to widen them. This is a reconstructive procedure for severely burned patients and will not improve your appearance. 
  • A combination of Botox and Juvederm around the mouth and in the cheek folds may lift the corners of your lips giving you a happier appearance.
  • See an ABMS Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specializing in Maxilllo Facial surgery before any surgery.
  • Hope this helps. Best wishes.