What Kind of Surgery Will Correct my Uneven Top Lip Due to Injury?

I busted my top lip really bad about three months ago. i didnt get stitches. instead, i let it heal on its own. now im left with what appears to be extrA hanging skin on the right side of my lip. what can i do to correct this ?

Scar revision and layered closure for a lip scar

+1

Surgical lip scar revision can help improve the contour of your upper lip after the traumatic scar that you have developed. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Uneven lip

+1

sound like you needed some sort of surgical repair with your trauma. please seek help and evaluation form a board certified plastic surgeon.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Correcting uneven lip after injury

+1

I recommend that you see a plastic surgeon for an assessment to find out what can be done to help you. It is likely that a scar revision may be able to improve the appearance of your lip.

Good luck!

Jill Tomlinson, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Scar Revision of Traumatic Lip Deformity

+1

This is a common problem that Plastic Surgeons are well versed in correction. A scar revision with or without correction of any underlying muscle injury can be done as an office procedure in most cases.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Correction of Lip Scar

+1

Lip lacerations, even if they are properly sutured, can result in uneven or prominent scars.  These scars often can be significantly improved with a scar revision surgery.  I suggest you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  I believe they will be able to help.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Corrective Surgery to Top Lip

+1

There is a possible non surgical and surgical intervention for this correction, but the  surgical correction of the vermilion border of the lips would be the most beneficial.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Surgery to correct uneven lip

+1

Thank you for the question. Without photos and more importantly in person exam it would be difficult to answer you question. You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD