Tattoo Removal After Accutane?

I have been getting my tattoo removed and am on my 3rd treatment. I have many more to go. I just started back on Accutane and am wondering how long I need to wait before I can continue my tattoo removal treatments.

I am hoping that I don't need to wait 6 months after finishing my Accutane. Please advise. Thank you.

Laser treatments after Accutane

+2

Yes, unfortunately you'll have to wait six months before starting your tattoo laser treatments up again. Even though you complete the pills, Accutane tends to stay in your system for up to six months. It's better to wait then have a reaction, burn, or any hyperpigmentation. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.