Can I Get a Tattoo Before Tummy Tuck Surgery?

Can I get a tattoo before tummy tuck surgery? It's on my wrist I get surgery Wednesday and it's Sunday it's a small wrist tattoo.

Getting a Tattoo Before Tummy tuck Surgery

+1

Thank you for your question.  If you were my patient, I would ask that you wait on getting the tattoo because there is a risk of getting an infection and if that happens, your tummy tuck surgery would need to be postponed. 

Best Wishes!

Never Rush Into A Decision For Cosmetic Change

+1

Both tatoos and tummy tucks are decisions with long term implications, hopefully good implications.  If you have decided to have a tummy tiuck, focus on that and wait a while on the tatoo.  Make sure your decision is not impulse driven.  You can get it later if it still feels right.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Tattoo Removal

+1

It is not sage to do any kind of tattoo but I respect to everybody opinion, it may be transmitted an infection by this tattoo. Dr. Navarro

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Wrist tattoo before tummy tuck

+1
You should be able to get a tattoo on your wrist before tummy tuck surgery. However, if you develop an infection from the tattoo, it may delay your your surgery. Thus, you may wish to wait on the tattoo until after you recover from your surgery.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon