Can I Get a Tattoo Before Tummy Tuck Surgery?

Can I get a tattoo before tummy tuck surgery? It's on my wrist I get surgery Wednesday and it's Sunday it's a small wrist tattoo.

Possible but if you get an infection, then surgery will need to be postponed

Normally, it's probably not a good idea to get any kind of skin treatment, including tattoos, right before surgery. This is because these treatments compromise the quality of your skin, essentially "damaging" it and making it more sensitive—and your skin (and body) should be in its best state so that it can recover better from your surgery. Being in a better state also decreases the risk of complications that could occur, such as infection.

Having said that, however, if it's on your wrist and it's small, then it might be okay. But keep in mind that your surgery may be postponed if you suffer from a complication related to getting the tattoo.

The best thing you should do is to ask your surgeon about this. Best of luck!

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

Getting a Tattoo Before Tummy tuck Surgery

Thank you for your question.  If you were my patient, I would ask that you wait on getting the tattoo because there is a risk of getting an infection and if that happens, your tummy tuck surgery would need to be postponed. 

Best Wishes!

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Never Rush Into A Decision For Cosmetic Change

Both tatoos and tummy tucks are decisions with long term implications, hopefully good implications.  If you have decided to have a tummy tiuck, focus on that and wait a while on the tatoo.  Make sure your decision is not impulse driven.  You can get it later if it still feels right.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

901 Boren Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104

Tattoo Removal

It is not sage to do any kind of tattoo but I respect to everybody opinion, it may be transmitted an infection by this tattoo. Dr. Navarro

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Calle 54 No. 365 T