Had a TT 10 Days Ago and Still Draining Dark Red in my Drain, Should I Worry?

FULL TT without muscle tightening or liposuction 10 days ago and my drain is still draining dark red blood where 99% of the time I have to strip the line to get it through. Total CC's are 50-75 per 24 hour period. What could be a possible reason for the fluids not getting lighter or changing colors? As well as why is it clogging constantly and not free flowing?

Dark red drainage after tummy tuck

+1

Most likely you had a small hematoma (blood collection) under the skin which has now started to dissolve and liquefy, allowing it to start coming out the drain.  This should be self-limited and resolve within a week or so.  You can help things along by using some heat to your abdomen about 3-4 times daily.

If the drainage doesn't slow down or actually increases, or if it turns bright red, let you surgeon know immediately.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Drains after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Although what you are experiencing is probably normal, it will be best for you to check with your plastic surgeon to rule out complications. As you know, the color of the drain output should gradually change to a yellowish tinge (serum). It is not uncommon for drains to “clog";  sometimes drain "stripping"  is necessary to unclog the tubing.

Again, continue to follow with your plastic surgeon for  the most accurate advice.

Best wishes for the remainder of your recovery.