Do I Qualify for FMLA if Im Gettig a Hernia Repaired and Tummy Tuck at Same Time ?

I will be having aTT /MR /hernia repair and wanted to know if i qualify for FMLA and also do i have to let them know that im getting a tummy or can i just say that im having abdominal surgery hernia repair.

FMLA for surgery

+1

This is something that you will need to check with at your employer's office.  If yes, then take the forms to your physician's office for signature. Best wishes.

FMLA post tummy tuck

+1

Hello. I would check with your employer regarding FMLA. I have had several patients who have brought in paper work to be filled out. I would say this shouldn't be a problem but check with your HR department to see if you are eligible. Best of luck.

Jaime Perez, MD

Fmla after surgery

+1
You will need to check with your insurance carrier regarding whether or not you can qualify for FMLA after a tummy tuck with hernia repair. I would think you should qualify, but they have the final say so.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon