Swelling in Hips/thighs After TT-No Lipo Normal?

I had a TT with a BA/Lift 11 weeks ago. Much of the swelling in my abdomen is subsiding, but I have noticed increased swelling in my hips and thighs even though I did not have liposuction done. Why is this happening? Can I do anything to help other than wait it out? My hips have gone up 2 inches since pre-op and my thighs have gone up 1 inch. My waist is 1/2 inch less than pre-op, but I was at my goal weight when I had surgery. I am still up between 3-6 pounds from pre-surgery weight.

Swelling after Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your picture.  The swelling is downward drift from your surgeries.  I would recommend constant use of your binder and decreasing your vigorous activity like swimming.

Dr. ES

Swelling of the thighs and hips after an abdominoplasty

+1

Swelling is not unusual after an abdominoplasty.  If you are not gaining weight then is is the only plausible explanation.  Given time it should resolve.  

+1

The swelling can be normal following a tummy tuck. I would just wait at least 6 months for this to resolve. The 3-6 pounds is probably fluid and will go away.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon