What Can I Do to Reduce the Swelling & Bruising on my Hips? I Am 1 Week Post Tummy Tuck with Some Lipo to the Love Handles.

My hips, sides of my legs and butt are severely bruised and swollen from my TT surgery. I did not have lipo below my hip area however the swelling to the outside of my legs is getting worse and is very painful. What can I do to reduce the swelling? Can compression shorts help? I was told not to use ice as it constricts the blood vessels. Please advise. Thank you!

Bruising and Swelling After a Tummy Tuck

+2

It takes several months for swelling to subside after a tummy tuck and liposuction. Most bruising should go away after 3 to 4 weeks. I recommend using a compression garment at all times and drinking plenty of fluids. Also salty foods can make you swell more. I recommend follow up with your plastic surgeon to make sure that you do not develop seromas as that can occur after tummy tuck and liposuction.

Web reference: http://www.lookyounger.net

Bruising after liposuction and abdominoplasty

+2

Blood seeks the path of least resistance and it is not unusual for blood to drift down the outer thighs even though only the hips were liposuctioned.  There is really no way to know if this is abnormal without an examination.  If you are concerned then contact your plastic surgeon.  In the meantime compression and elevation by help.  

Severe swelling and bruising after tummy tuck

+2

Thank you for asking about the swelling and bruising after your tummy tuck with flank liposuction.

1. Your swelling and bruising are not the norm after a tummy tuck with lipo.
  2. The pain in the legs is also unusual.
  3. Call your surgeon now so you can be evaluated.
  4. Yes, a compression garment is usually worn after tummy tuck to control swelling and bruising but you need to be checked first. Best wishes..

Swollen post lipo/tummy

+1

The best thing is heat and massage.Also rubbing vit K cream into the bruised areas will help the bruising to go away quicker.

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After Tummy Tuck

+1

Hi and thanks for your question.  It's normal to have bruising and swelling after a tummy tuck with liposuction, and this can extend down the legs due to gravity.  A compression garment would be helpful in minimizing the swelling, but you should ask your PS if it's ok. Some PS do not like compression of the abdominoplasty flap, especially in the first few days after surgery.  Avoid salty foods, as this can increase swelling.  You can also take Vitamedica's Arnica Montana and Bromelain.  Both are excellent supplements to aid in your recovery.  I hope you are feeling better soon.

Web reference: http://www.vitamedica.com/products/recovery-products/