I Want a Tummy Tuck but Does It Have to Tighten my Vagina and Will It Get Rid of Most of my Stretch Marks?

I have been thinking about having a tummy tuck for a year now. I have 3 children via c section and I am 29. I want one but everyone I know whose had one vagina has changed and looks different. I personally like mine. I don't want it altered. And I was wondering if most of my stretch marks will go away. I'm not worried about the scar.

Tummy tuck

+2

You look like an excellent candidate for a routine tummy tuck and suctionig. Your vagina is not changed. What sometimes happens, more so in patients who have very lax tissue, is that the mons is pulled slightly higher which most patients actually like. Discuss this with a board certified Plastic Surgeon. After a full exam he will be able to tell and show you the changes you should get following a tummy tuck.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tucks altering the appearance of your genitals?

+1

Were all of your friends results from one surgeon?  I've never had that complaint in my career but theoretically if you are short tissue, you can end up with the genitals pulled up way too much (its on the consent).  If you let your surgeon know your concerns, additional efforts could be made to eliminate that possibility.  Whomever you choose for your surgery, please make sure you communicate your concerns clearly and know what your doctor's revision policy is... just in case.

Abdominoplasty and Vaginal Changes

+1

Dear Bettymae,  An abdominoplasty will alter the shape of your abdomen and can alter the shape of your mons pubis but it is unlikely to alter the shape of your vaginal opening or the surrounding tissues. Many woman do ask that the mons be elevated at the same time as their tummy tuck and this can have an impact on the shape of the labia but minimally so.  This is a good subject to discuss with your plastic surgeon during your consultation and they can demonstrate the impact a tummy tuck may have on the mons and the external genitalia during your examination.  

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

No change in vaginal shape due to an abdominoplasty

+1

If a change in your vaginal shape is a concern you should discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  I have never had this complaint and I have been in practice for over 25 years.  You may be concerned about a pull on the mons or pubic area.  Some patients want this tight other do not.  If it is a particular concern to you then bring it up during your consultation.  

+1

You are talking about the mons pubis and this does not have to be altered in a tummy tuck. It appears that most of your stretch marks will be gone.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck usually does not alter the shape of the external vagina

+1

In most cases, a tummy tuck does not alter the shape of the external genitalia. I have had a couple of women (mostly larger than you) who have had some upward pull.  I believe this mainly resulted from an attempt to decrease the volume of the mons region and in doing so also pulled somewhat on the external labia. For you, if the closure is anchored to the underlying fascia and if a high lateral tension technique is used, I think you have low risk for changing the shape of your external genitalia. 

Regarding your stretch marks.  Most of the stretch marks below your belly button will be removed with the surgery, and few of the stretch marks above will be removed. Your higher stretch marks will be moved lower on you belly. 

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck but Does It Have to Tighten my Vagina

+1

This can happen, but is rather uncommon. If the closure isn't too tight, and the closure is anchored to the underlying fascia, this will be unlikely. 

As to the stretch marks, many weill be gone, but I can't tell how much based on this photo which does not show the entire abdomen. Often, all the central marks below the navel can be removed, during a TT, but the others not. 

Best answer will come during a consultation. All the best. 

Shape of vagina/mons does not need to change with a tummy tuck

+1

Hello Betty,

Thank you for the question.  I do not think the shape of the mons or clitoral area has to change to any extent with a full tummy tuck.  The key is to anchor the deeper tissues down and to not overtighten the tummy tuck in the center incision.  This can be accomplished.  To do so you may need a small vertical incision near your horizontal incision if the belly button location cannot be removed but there are options for whatever result you would like to accomplish.

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://scottsdaletummytuck.com

Abdominoplasty will not alter the vagina.

+1

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to but it is impossible for the abdominoplasty to change the vagina. The Mons which resides above vagina can be adjusted as part of the procedure however.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,21-atlanta-abdominoplast.htm

After abdominoplasty

+1

For most women, an abdominoplasty does not change their vagina. If the lower skin is pulled up too tightly, you may have some pulling on your labial lips. The lower stretch marks are often removed as the excess skin is excised. the remaining stretch marks usually look better being pulled tight.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon