Can Endoscopic Lift Help the Jowls and Neck Area?

I am considering having a endoscopic mid face lift with a mini neck lift under chin. I had a neck lift that left me with scar and lumps due to the liposuction. Will these procedures help address vertical neck bands and tighten the neck and jowls?

Mini facelift vs. Ulthera - Los Angeles

+1

There are many options for mini facelifts that improve facial contour. One non surgical option is Ulthera. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/face/17/facelift-surgery.aspx

Endoscope Technique Will Not Help Jowls And Neck Bands

+1

The only way to achieve the result you desire is with a facelift, which includes the neck.  This is done as an open procedure to allow for better visibility.  The endoscope procedure will only lighten your wallet.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who does a lot of facelifts for an exam, and to discuss what is best for you.

+1

Thank you for your question. We prefer an open procedure which allows better visibility, and an evaluation of your inner muscles and fat layer.  Muscles can be better tightened, and treated.  The downside is your get a bigger scar so there are risks to both.  I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Endoscopic Midface Lift will not help jowls or neck bands

+1

An endoscopic midface lift is very effective for restoring volume and lift to the cheek area and the area bordering the lower eyelid and upper cheek.

In patients with a thin face and "non-heavy" jowls, the endoscopic lift may improve the jaw line a little by virtue of lifting the cheeks up. Best not to expect this in most cases though.

To improve the jowls you will need some variation of a facelift and for the neckbands some variation of a necklift/platysmplasty.

Thank you!

Dr. J

Endo mid-face and mini neck lift

+1

Jowls are usually addressed with facelift access. It is not treated with a neck lift too well. In addition, a midface endo lift will not address jowls. Neck bands can be treated through the neck lift incision.

Endoscopic Facelift with Neck Lift

+1

Thank you for the question. In short, an endoscopic facelift (also know as an endoscopic midface lift, which is a more accurate term) will not help with your neck and jowls. This procedure is designed to reposition the cheek fat pad to give a more youthful middle third of the face.  A separate neck lift (including platysmaplasty for the vertical neck bands) would be required to address all of your concerns.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/midface-lift.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Midface lift with neck lift

+1

A facelift should help your problems. I doubt an endoscopic facelift would help although we have no pictures to review. If your definition of a necklift is what I would  call a long flap  facelift, you should be able to be improved.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mid face lift

+1

Lexy, simply put your question cannot be answered without significant conjecture on my part. Photos would help as well as knowing exactly what a mini neck lift under the chin means surgically. In general mid face lifts can work, most of my patients that have midface laxity have laxity elsewhere and have a deep plane minituck or facelift. I would recommend you avoid endotine lifts in the midface and/or "thread lifts" as in my experience neither is very helpful in the long run. To lift the midface solely a malar pad lift is done in my office with good results. It can be done under local. Occasionally a cheek implant is also helpful depending on the patient and pertinent anatomy. As far as your neck goes, in my office you would have a complete neck lift with tightening of the medial and lateral platysma. Again I would avoid "thread lifts" in the neck as long term results are questionable in my opinion. See three experience facial aesthetic specialists, look at many photos and choose the one that makes you the most comfortable.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Midfacelift does not help the jowls and neck area.

+1

Midfacelift does not help the jowls and neck area. You would need a revision of your facelift to do that. Midface lift is for the cheek and nasolabial creases.