Madonna - What Has She Done? (photo)

I am a 46 year old woman - considering a mini-face lift (specifically for mid-face). I am starting to experience marionette lines, lines from nose to mouth, and fallen cheeks. My face is heart shape. I like the look of Madonna - with high cheekbones and smooth lower face. I prefer this look over fillers/and a puffy face. However, I don't want to look too pulled ? - like traditional facelifts leave some looking. My goal is to have a natural looking pull-back?

Facelift

+2

Short scar facelift is like a minifacelift just more poweful.  This has the same incision pattern, but the amount of undermining and correction is greater.  The result is natural and not windblown.  I would recommend facial fat grafting to the cheeks as well to create the high cheekbone look. Subtle changes in your very thin lines can made with laser resurfacing, chemical peel, or superficial filler placement.

Mini facelift with Ulthera in Santa Monica

+1

Many celebrities use a combination of modalities. One of the most requested treatments these days is the Ulthera non surgical facelift and necklift.

Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Natural face lift

+1

Yes, based upon the limited photos you posted it looks like you could benefit from a facelift and treatment as well of your neck. Natural resuls are my goal and preserving the patients hairline is just one of the ways to do so.  Good luck.

FACELIFT CANDIDATE?

+1

Judging by your photographs (always good to see a few different angles), I see some descent of the tissues of the face, jowl, and neck.  There are also platysmal bands present in the center of the neck.  I would recommend a submental platysmaplasty and a lower face / neck lift.  Generally, I am not an advocate for midface lifting because the look can be unnatural.  I would advocate autologous fat grafting (conservatively performed). Madonna has had nice work done although I believe that she was excessively augmented in the cheek / midface region.

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Madonna - nice results with a Mini Lift and Fat injections combo

+1

Hi,

It's nice to see celebrities have toned down the earlier excessive surgery they used to get (Joan Rivers, Meg Ryan) and are moving towards more natural results (Madonna, Sharon Stone). Although it does appear that maybe Madonna recently has overdone the fat injections a bit or has opted for cheek implants.

This goes hand in hand with demand from patients to have natural results and the continued popularity of minimally invasive facelift surgery (MACS, Mini Lift) to meet these demands.

Given your picture (of course an exam is needed to give you professional advice) a Mini Lift with fat injections to your midface will give you some very nice results. I do see some mild neck bands but they are wide apart and certainly a Mini Lift can be extended down into the neck to help these out as well.

Take care,

Dr. Kamran Jafri

Kamran Jafri, MD

Mid face improvement in middle age

+1

It is somewhat difficult to fully assess your facial features because of your large glasses and your hair being draped in your face, but it appears as though your midcheek and lower cheek tissues are a bit lax, as are your upper neck tissues.  In these situations I prefer to perform a two vector suspension type of short scar facelift like the MACS lift.  This can also be combined with fat transfer at the time of surgery to nicely address the orbital region, temples, and cheeks if volume is required there, and because it pulls so nicely on the platysma muscle, you will get correction of your upper neck laxity too.  Done properly, this should leave you looking very natural and not pulled at all.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Facelift & Fat

+1

A minifacelift would certainly help with the lower face area. Unfortunately, part of the problem with skin laxity is loss of volume of the face. A conservative amount of fat transfer to the midface region would be very beneficial.  Isolated midface lifts have fallen out of popularity. Complex anatomy and surgery for subtle improvement.  The comination of fat with a minifacelift would be very powerful. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Aging face

+1

Face lifts, fillers and skin care are complimentary, not mutually exclusive. Depending on your needs proper use of all will maximize your result. You appear to be an excellent candidate for mini lifting. Other treatments will be able to enhance it. You should always look natural, like yourself but with more vibrancy and not altered or pulled. Ask to see before and afters of other patients to get a sense of your surgeon's facelift aesthetic as you go for consults.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face Lift

+1

You can discuss with your surgeon the amount of cheeck height and lift. it can be achieved with special surgical technique if you have enough thick SMAS.

There are other methods of fat transfer, implants etc

But do not think you will look like madona.

You will look yourself only better

Endoscopic Mid Face Lift and Mini U-Lift™

+1

As we age  the effects of gravity and time causes loss of elasticity, in your case you have a nice bone structure to begin with and the loss of elasticity deepens the smile lines and the vertical lines on either side of the mouth.

A Mid-Face Lift can help you remove facial wrinkles, lifting saggy cheeks, tightening and repositioning the sagging fat pads leading to jowling and nasal groove folds so these can be elevated to their youthful position.  Madonna probably had a similar procedure achieving a natural appearance.

If you have further questions we would be glad to help you.  Come in for a complimentary consultation.

David Alessi, MD