Normal To Have Stitches in my Nose Bridge With a Nasal Implant? (photo)

Ok , i notice righ after surgery that my doctor cut me from the middle of my eyebrows in a vertical way to the midlle of my nose, he told me he was going to give me implant to help my profile but i tought he was going to put it from te inside and not cut my nose in the middle, would this leave a scar? is this normal i never see something like this, and he never told me he would do that

Stitches on bridge

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without examining you.  At times a stitch is used on the bridge to hold a graft in place but there is no actual incision so there will not be a scar

Incision on dorsum of nose

+1

WIthout having more details I can not say for sure. If bone graft is used, sometimes a screw is placed through a small incision on top of the nose.  Occasionally k-wires are placed to stabilize grafts but this is through a small incision.  You should talk to your doctor about this.

External incision in rhinoplasty graft

+1
Generally grafts are placed from intranasal incisions or through an external rhinoplasty where the incision is across the columella. Occasionally surgeons will stabilize a graft with a K wire placed though a small external incision. The incision you describe is not commonly used but hopefully will heal nicely.

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Incision on outside of nose for implant

+1

Without more details, it is impossible to give you more specific advice.  However, it would be very unusual to make and incision on the outside of your nose.  I think you need to have a very straightforward conversation with your surgeon about what happened during surgery.  That said, nose scars generally heal very well.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

External sutures with a rhinoplasty (even an implant) is extraordinary.

+1

If what you say is accurate, and I can't tell from your photo, you have had a very unusual procedure.  Implants inserted during rhinoplast are performed from time to time but I have never used an external incision as an access point.  It may have been necessary in your case.  Your surgeon should be able to explain to you why.  In any event, scars on the external nose often are nearly invisible after healing.