Scar in my Nose Bridge, Is this Normal When Getting an Implant? (photo)

Ok , i notice righ after surgery that my doctor cut me from the middle of my eyebrows in a vertical way to the midlle of my nose, he told me he was going to give me implant to help my profile but i tought he was going to put it from te inside and not cut my nose in the middle, would this leave a scar? also is this normal i havent foung a similar case in the internet

Scar in my Nose Bridge

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without examining you.  At times a stitch is used on the bridge to hold a graft in place but there is no actual incision so there will not be a scar

Scar on Nasal Bridge after Rhinoplasty

+1

Are you sure this was done to place an implant? I've never seen an implant placed through an external incision. I cannot clearly see the wound adjacent to your cast. Small incisions are sometime made in this area for osteotomies which heal very well. Talk to your surgeon.

Nasal Implant

+1

Hi,

I have never seen an implant put in through a nasal dorsal incision. I have used a nasal dorsal suture to secure a dorsal implant but every implant is place through an open rhinoplasty approach. However, I learn something new every day.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Scar on nose from implant

+1

While it is much less common to place an implant by a direct incision over the nasal bridge, it can be done that way although I personally never have. You might want to discuss the approach with your surgeon. Typically scars do heal well in that area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon