Started Retainers Today Which Are Snug, Noticed a Loose Tooth?

I started my Invisalign retainers today and they are quite snug. I don't mind them being tight but I noticed it has caused a loose tooth. I remember it happening once before with new trays. Is this normal with the retainers? Thanks.

Retainers

+1

It sounds Dr built a little over correction in to your retainer. Call the office and get an appoinitment to make sure things are correstly made and what is happening is planned

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Loose tooth with Retainer

+1

It is normal for your teeth to feel loose when you are undergoing active orthodontic treatment, such as Invisalign. Your retainer is a passive appliance, therefore no more tooth movement is occurring.  It is possible that the tooth is still mobile from the Invisalign treatment, but if you feel that it was not loose before, then I would recommend seeing your dentist for a quick exam.

Jacqueline Fulop-Goodling, DMD
New York Orthodontist

Invisalign retainers - loose tooth

+1

When you complete your invisalign treatment the retainer should be almost identical to the last tray you were using.  If you wear the retainers properly your teeth should not move.  It is very common when you complete orthodontic therapy that some of your teeth may be loose.  If you are concerned speak with your dentist.  It is no something I would worry about.  

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Loose Tooth with New Invisalign Retainer

+1
The Retainer should be very similar to the last aligner tray that you wore. It's unusual at this point in end of treatment for a tooth to be loose. Have your dentist Xray it & check for bone loss/periodontal disease.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist