Has Anyone Actually Switched Invisalign Trays Early?

So I see a ton of questions about changing invisalign trays early, and all the answers seem to say DONT DO IT!! But my question is has anyone actually tried it? Has there been tests done on patients who change their trays early? All the doctors who have answered the question seem to be so sure that you will have terrible results if you switch early, why is this so? Does anyone have a link to an invisalign patient who changed their trays early?if not I may be willing to do it myself. thanks.

Early tray changes

+1

The body has to go thru a cycle of healing and repair. If these times dont happen cell death and tissue damage can occur. Dr. will set the timing for you and tight and losose times are normal and need to occur

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Switching Invisalign Early

+1

I actually have a number of patients in treatment who switch their aligners every 10 days.  Those patients are usually wearing orthodontic elastics in conjunction with Invisalign to correct a bite problem.  They are also strongly advised NOT to move on to the next aligner if the previous one does not fit like a glove.

Jacqueline Fulop-Goodling, DMD
New York Orthodontist

Changing Invisalign trays sooner than the 2 weeks

+1

To all of our Invisalign patients, we make sure is clear to then that if they change aligners sooner than the two weeks your next aligners will start not fitting. The first week in the tray the teeth move, then the second week the bone surrounding the teeth start remodeling around the teeth than have been moved. The two weeks has it purpose, and you can run into Mid course correction, if teeth are not tracking well, which it will cost you around $350 and more. If you want to finish up your Invisalign, stick with the plan

Pamela Marzban, DDS
Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Switching invisalign early - what can happen

+1

I have indeed have patients try and speed up the invisalign treatment and guess what happens, at some point in the middle of the process the trays start not fitting properly and we need to do what is called a mid course correction.  I do not recommend switching trays before the two week interval to ensure optimal results.

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Switching aligners early

+1

YES...it is perfectly safe for some people to switch aligners more frequently than ever two weeks....BUT we don't really know who they are or when they can do this. Mostt of the time switching too soon ends up with major problems!  So, to be safe, just don't do it!  The time you may save will not be close to the time and trouble and cost you probably will run into by trying to go too fast

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist