Wear Set 4 An Extra Week. Will This Hurt My Progress?

I am wearing set 4 of my Invisalign an extra week. Tray 5 needs adjusting because the bracket hole is too small, and my orthodontist needs to cut a bigger one in it. I have already worn it 4 days extra, and will have to go 2 more days because my orthodontist isn't open on the weekends. Will this hurt my progress?

Tray wear

+1

No better to wear the old tray and wait for the repair. The harm comes from moving too fast and skiping trays. sounds like you are doing fine

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Will wearing my aligner longer hurt my progress

+1

Wearing your aligner another week should not cause your progress to be hurt at all.  If you wear them shorter that would pose a problem

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Wearing Invisalign Aligner Longer Will Not Hurt Progress

+1

You can never go wrong by wearing your aligner longer than necessary. The problems only happen when you short-change the wearing period.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist