I Have a Small Nose Bump, but Looking at Baby Pictures It Was Never There?

I have a small nose bump and I wanted to know can a nose bump just grow? I never had a nose bump when I was really young. I started to see the nose bump when I was 16. I do remember I use to get hit accidentally on my nose.

Bump on the nose

+2

Nasal humps can be the result of trauma or they may also be genetic, becoming more prominent as an individual ages. This can be corrected with surgery, and a board certified rhinoplasty specialist will be able to examine your nose in person and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Bump on your nose

+2

Most likely you are growing and the bone and soft tissue proportions of your face are changing as well.  Notice people older than you with more prominent nasal bones.  Look at pictures of your parents when they were young.  You'll notice now that the nasal bone, cartilage, etc. are more noticeable as the soft tissue thins around the nose.  You're fine, most likely just loosing some collagen and youthful fat around the nose.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

Bumps can occur as a result of normal tissue growth or secondary to trauma.  If you want the bump removed, a closed rhinoplasty can be performed.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+2

The bump on your nasal bridge might have either developed due to nasal trauma, as you mentioned, or due to the maturation of your face during your development. A bump on the bridge of the nose is actually very common. Surgery is the typical method to remedy a bump on the nasal bridge but in certain patients injectable fillers can be used to temporarily camouflage a bump on the nasal bridge. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear Essmeee,

Thank you for your question.  Babies and young kids normally do not have a dorsal hump as their nose is still growing.  As our faces mature, we see what are genes had in store for us.  This is normal.  Once the face is mature, we can alter the nose in specific ways to have a more aesthetic outcome including removal of a dorsal hump.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for bump growth on dorsum of the nose

+1

Bone and cartilage of the nose are living  tissue and undergo changes  related to the aging process. Repetitive trauma to the area creates additional callus formation on the junction between the bone and cartilage which accentuates the bump. Rhinoplasty addresses removal of the  bump along with osteotomies to narrow the nasal bones. Please see link below for examples of bump removal in our  rhinoplasty practice