Scar Tissue on the Nasal Bone? (photo)

My rihnoplasty that I had done about 12 months ago. As you can see from the Before picture that my right side -your left- it stuck out more. The doctor found a small Cyst from the same side during the operation that he removed. However it still looks the same. According to him there is more space between my eyes then normal so it will stay like this. He did say that there is some scar tissue on the nasal bone and he could remove but it won't much difference. Will removing the tissue help the issue

Nose too wide on one side?

+2

Dear Diaballo99,

Thank you for your question and photos.  It looks like there is improvement to the right side of the nose 12 months after your surgery.  You are still a little bit wider on this side.  You may benefit from 'osteotomy' (very careful breaking of the nasal bone) of the base of the right nasal bone and shifting this in, thus making it more narrow. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Scar Tissue on the Nasal Bone?

+1

You need a scan or MRI of the nasal bones to rule out sa dermoid cost of that area. Please seek immediate work up. This could become a serious issue. If scans are negative than additional surgery is needed to reduce any scar tissue and a fracture of the nasal bones. 

Scar Tissue on Nasal Bone

+1

There may be some scar tissue present after rhinoplasty surgery but I think it is more likely that the increased width and asymmetry of your bridge is secondary to the position of your nasal bones. Discuss this with your surgeon; if not satisfied with his response get a second opinion.