Is Slight Gap in my Incision Line After Blepharoplasty Okay?

I had a blepharoplasty a week ago & stitches are removed. There is a slight gap in a very short place on the incision line. The rest of it is sealed shut. It isn't deep and isn't bleeding. I'm just wondering if this will be an aesthetic problem as it heals? Will it seal on its own or do I need to have the doctor re-stitch that spot or perhaps apply surgical tape? I know when my children were small butterfly stitches were used for such things. Pardon the bruises! Happy with result.

Do not worry and let it heal

+1

You just had surgery and the incision seem fine. the opening that you refer is minimal and will heal by itself. Please check with your surgeon if is not closed in a few days.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Wound separation in Blepharoplasty incision

+1

The wound will not require additional repair in my opinion. The scar may be thicker, in the short run, However, over time it shold become flat and barely visible. IF you find this unacceptable, scar revision can be performed.