What Surgery Will Fix my Asymmetrical Eye Shape?

So as you can see clearly in the picture, my left eye is way smaller and is more closed than my right eye. The shapes of the lower eyelids are very different. I realize that slight asymmetry is normal in the eyes, but mine is beyond slight. This really bothers me and limits my social interactions. I'd like to know if ANY plastic surgeon could fix this, and if so what is the surgery called? or if I need to find a SPECIALIST? Please I really need good feedback. Thank you!

Eye size aymmetry/difference

+1

There are various things that could be done to make your eyes more similar. It would not be a standard blepharoplasty or eyelift. You could have tightening of the muscle raising the eyelid on one side which would increase the size as would removing more skin on one side. Also, your lower lid appears to droop down more on one side. This could be elevated also. Watch my video.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

This would be difficult to correct the asymmetry in your eyelids

+1

This would be difficult to correct the asymmetry in your eyelids.  It seems that your lower eyelid in the right eyelid is lower than the left.  It would be possible to take some skin from the left eye to lower that and this would have to done very carefully.  The risks that this could not be exactly what you are looking for is relatively high. As most of the experts have mentioned, most surgeons would likely stay away from this situation.  You would have to accept the risk that it might not be completely what you are looking for.  Given that your eyes are already pretty, a surgeon would less likely want to do anything.  One thing to remember is that surgery is never as natural as what God created for you.  At least this is not the case at this time.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye asymmetry

+1

Many things cause an abnormal asymmetry that we can correct. These include unilateral ptosis (eyelid droop) caused by muscle or nerve problems, laxity of the tendon holding the lid in position, and scars from previous surgery or injury. Your asymmetry, however is almost impreceptable (at least in the picture) and appears to be nothing that can be corrected surgically. Since most people probably do not notice this, I suggest you concentrate on your assets and the fact you actually have generally pretty eyes.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

We do operate on eyes for symmetry

+1

It is important to understand the various sources of asymmetry.  Some are treatable and some are not treatable. You did not supply a full face photo which would be helpful.  However, it appears that your right eye sits lower in the face than the left eye. This asymmetry is not so uncommon. This can't be changed without some intense surgical procedures that no reasonable person is likely to recommend for you. This is not the only source of asymmetry. The fold on the left upper eyelid hangs lower than the fold on the right side. This can be changed with a microblepharoplasty.

Often the primary reason to do eyelid surgery is for increasing symmetry.

Eye asymmetry

+1

Everyone's body is a bit asymmetric.  This is also the case for the eyes. I doubt that anyone would offer to try to make them  xactly the same because that is impossible.

Good Luck

+1

We do not operate on eyes for symmetry. You were made this way and have to live with it. You will notice that probably one hand is bigger than the other and one foot is bigger than the other. Asymmetry is normal.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD