If I Have Silikon 1000 Injected Under my Eyes, Would It Negatively Affect the Results of a Blepharoplasty in Several Years?

I have both some loss of volume and some wrinkling under my eyes.

Silikon 1000 is silicone oil. It is not intended to be used as a filler. Period!

+2

Do not do this to yourself.  Silicone oil is very likely to permanently destroy your appearance.  Do not have this treatment and do not get care with the doctor offering this service to you.  I see 2-3 new consults a week of people seeking to have silicone removed from their face.  This is a terrible product that was never intended to be injected as a filler.  Do not do this to yourself, you will regret this forever.

You should not get silicone injection

+2

The silicone injection has done fopr buttock enlargement,breast enlargement ana as a facial filler with diasters consequnces. The promise of long lasting filller is very appealing ,but very dangerous in long run. You can google "silicone injection disasters" for examples

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Your lower eyelid Silikon-1000 injections should not be affected by a skin-pinch blepharoplasty.

+1

In my experience, Silikon-1000 may be an excellent filler for lower eyelid grooves and hollowing. The expertise of your physician in the delicate art of injecting lower eyelid grooves is crucial for attaining a natural looking result. Unlike other temporary fillers, silicone is injected superficially in the lower eyelid, and the serial puncture microdroplet technique must be used.

If you're concerned about hollowing and wrinkling in the future, surgery may not be the answer. Blepharoplasty surgery is typically used to decrease the volume of your lower eyelid fat-bags, not to add volume. If hollowing becomes more prominent with aging, you may consider reconsulting your doctor for another silicone treatment. Insofar as wrinkling of your lower eyelid skin is concerned, this is not easily treated. A conservative skin-pinch blepharoplasty may be helpful. I have not seen good long-term results from lower eyelid resurfacing procedures.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I dont recommend Silicone injection under the eye

+1

Silicone is a highly reactive substance and is also known to migrate. I certainly don't recommend silicone injection for under the eyes as this will likely create an unnatural look and will very likely interfere with healing of a lower blepharoplasty in the future. I realize that in medicine and especially in cosmetic surgery, many procedures especially Botox and fillers are done off label (meaning not FDA approved indication) and for the most part it turns fine due to long history of such treatments and the experience of the provider; however, Silicone is not approved at all for cosmetic indications and I believe such injections if they result in an undesirable outcome, are very difficult to correct if at all. I advise against it especially for injection under the eyes.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon