How Long Will a Silikon 1000 Injection Under my Eyes Last?

Will the dark circles come back gradually or all at once?

Silikon 1000 under the eyes

+4

I disagree.  Silikon 1000 is an excellent filler, and can be used almost anywhere, including to fill out the under eye hollows.  But it should only be done here by an expert injector as the technique is different than when injecting other fillers.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Silikon 1000 Not Recommended Under the Eyes

+3

Silikon 1000 is a permanent filler, so once it’s been injected it can only be surgically removed.  However, as we do continue to age, you may continue to lose collagen, elasticity and fat, so you may see hollowness over time.  Silikon 1000 is fixed into place with collagen so you actually may see some additional clumping of the skin.  I do not recommend silicone under the eyes because the skin is very thin in that area which means if the Silikon 1000 is not properly placed you can have lumps under the skin.  I do recommend the use of Restylane exclusively for the eye area and in the event the patient isn’t satisfied the filler can be melted and removed with hyaluronidase. 

Timothy Jochen, MD
Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon