Is Silikon 1000 Safe?

I have done extensive research on silicone and all of the horror stories and news reports all seem to stem around industrial grade (not medical) silicone that was injected in very large volumes. Are there any docs or actual data who can back up that the use of medical grade silicone used in micro-droplets has caused serious injury, complications and or death? I have not seen a single report or case study posted online about medical grade silicone micro-droplet injection studies..All you find are tragedies involving pumping parties...

Removing silicone from the lips or bioalcamid - Los Angeles

+1

I do not advocate silicone injections and in fact have a large series of successful cases in which I have removed silicone from the lips. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Silikon 1000 Is Safe

+1

Silikon 1000 is absolutely safe and is an FDA-approved medical device in the United States.  We use silicone a lot in our practice and our patients are exceedingly happy.  When used by an experienced injector correctly, it is an ideal filler.  My father and I have published several articles on the silicone and its uses.  Click on the link below to access a few of these articles. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Safety of Silikon 1000

+1

You raise an excellent question.  Most, if not all, of the horror stories are from the use of industrial silicone as a dermal filler, often by nonlicensed practioners.  The use of Silikon 1000 is controversial.  But more and more practitioners are using it, with excellent, PERMANENT, results.  The last numbers I saw is that 40% of practitioners who use fillers do approve of using Silikon 1000 in appropriate patients.  Tose who do not use it may spread the horror stories you relate.  And it is my understanding that makers of medical grade silicone are presently applying to the FDA for approval as a dermal filler.  Doctors I know and respect have used medical grade silicone as a dermal filler in a micro droplet fashion for over thirty years and know of no cases personally of an adverse reaction.  I hope this helps.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon