Is Silikon 1000 Good for Under Eye Hollows Treatment?

I have terrible under eye hollowness. I am Middle eastern and have this genetic. Also, my upper eyelid hollow as you see some. I just want to fill the under eye area all the way to the outer corner of the lower eyelid where it meets upper eyelid area, so that the result is PERMANENT. Which one is permanent? - structural fat grafting with injections or Silikon 1000 injection? I hear that Silikon 1000 is permanant. Is it good for under eye? or, I rather my own fat?

Silikon 1000 for Under Eye Hollows Treatment

+1
I would much prefer to use fat or other fillers in your situation first. By the way, you can combine fillers and you could, for example, start with fat transfer, perhaps augmented with platelet rich plasma, prior to injection of Artefill. I personally would not inject Silikon in the site you are asking about.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silikon 1000 for under eye hollows

+1

Yes, Silikon 1000 is safe, effective, and a permanent filler for the under eye hollows.  IMHO, I do not think fat is a permanent solution and may result in distinct lumps beneath the thin eyelid skin.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat grafting works well for under-eye hollows

+1

Hi Ramrat,

In my opinion, fat grafting works nicely in this area. Although some of the result is immediate, it takes anywhere from 6 months to a year for the final result to take place, since it is a living, growing tissue. The "upside" is that this is your own tissue that you are using. The "downside" to fat grafting is that it is not 100% predictable as to how much of the fat will actually take. For instance, in one person 10% of the fat may get absorbed, while in another person 25% may get absorbed. Definitely, seek out someone that has experience with fat grafting in the lower lid area because this is a very delicate area and any imperfections in placement will become very obvious.

I usually recommend that my patients try a non-permanent option such as a filler first, in order to make sure that they like how it looks before they go for the more permanent option. This way you don't regret a decision that is difficult to undo. Good luck!

Sarmela Sunder, MD