Considering BBL: Do I Have an A Shape or V Shaped Butt? (photo)

I am considering a bbl but am worried about my results. I read online that V shaped butts and A shaped butts are the most difficult for this procedure. I plan on losing weight but my shape is odd. I have very broad shoulders and typically am top heavy. I weigh 158lbs standing at 5'2 and my measurements are as follows: Lower natural waist/mid section is 35, Upper waist 32 and Hips: 40.5. Wondering if I can stand to get down to 150 by surgery.

V's, A's, and your candidacy for buttock enhancement

+6

Hi there-

I don't think I would be doing you any favors by giving your backside a letter to call it...

My goal in answering questions for people on this site is always to give them the best, most honest and helpful information I can- that which will allow them to maximize their safety and their chances of being happy with the outcome and their overall plastic surgery experience.

In this spirit, please understand that the best advice I could give you is to not worry about what letter you should call your behind... I would say that your best course of action would be to lose the weight you plan on losing (understanding that losing weight in order to have surgery if you are not going to be able to keep it off is foolhardy), then visit a talented and qualified surgeon Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgeons for a consultation. 

Only after a careful physical examination and discussion of your goals, as well as what may or may not be realistic for you, will such a surgeon be able to answer your questions regarding the outcome you might achieve. Until then, you would only be receiving false hope or be falsely discouraged by whatever someone like me (who has never met you or examined you) tells you over the web.

Good luck!

Do I have a V shaped butt?

+3

Reviewing your photos it does not appear that you have a V shaped butt.  Your height and weight measurements would suggest that you are a candidate for the BBL. Your buttock shape is more  rectangular, which is a very common shape presenting for buttock augmentation. You can probably lose 8 pounds if you wanted to, without compromising your candidacy for the procedure. But the ultimate decision to perform the BBL will be made at the time of consultation. You should seeka Board Certified plastics surgeon experimced in the BBL.

George Lefkovits, MD