3 Weeks Post BBL, Unhappy With Results. Should I Wait?

had a BBL three weeks ago in miami with a board certified surgeon,not satisfied with the results, swelling has gone down drastically, I am back to my pre-op weight. My butt looks very small without the garmet.I have lumps in both cheeks.I was told by the surgeons assistant that the hard part is fat that will dissolve and further enlarge my butt.Is this true? Can I massage it? Can I tell if its fat necrosis with an MRI at this stage? seen my surgeon once post op.hes too busy and I have questions.

You need to discuss this with your surgeon

+3

While I can't comment too much without seeing photos, the fact of the matter is you are unhappy, whether for good reason or not. Your surgeon should never be "too busy" to speak with you about your concerns. You say "board certified" but you didn't say what they are certified in. Unfortunately there are some bad surgeons who complicate bad results with bad bedside manner and ignoring patients after surgery.  I agree that your surgeon is obligated to speak with you as his legal and ethical obligation extends well beyond the actual surgery. You shoudl make an appointment to see him and discuss your concerns. You must insist on not having your visit scheduled with his assistant. 

Unhappy about your Brazilian Butt Lift?

+3

Hi SimpleGirl
Sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with your Brazilian Butt Lift.

First of all.....I personally, Totally Disagree with a surgeon being "Too Busy" to take care of a patient they just operated on! If that is really the answer his office has given you when you call them, that is not "too Busy", that's just "Not Caring"!  Part of what you paid for was follow-up care. If you are having a problem, then the surgeon who operated on you "Owes You" and is "Obligated" to provide for you appropriate care and attention you deserve and have paid for! Your care doesn't stop just because surgery is over.  It continues until your healing is over! 

Unfortunately, I am now seeing more and more patients come to my office unhappy after having had the Brazilian Butt Lift done by surgeons who are doing it very fast and cheap.    

There is no way to know what is going on inside of your buttocks right now without examining you, and even then is limited.  The lumps might be fat necrosis or may be normal swelling around fat grafts.  I do not recommend massage unless these are visible lumps that need to be smoothed out.  Massage may kill some of these fat cells, which is good if they appear as a lump.  If it is something that you can feel, but not see, I would leave them alone. Massage is not going to stimulate them to survive if they are struggling.  
The one unfortunate thing is that your buttocks is not going to get any bigger.  If anything, at 3 weeks, you are still swollen.  This will continue to go away over the next 2-3 months.  During this time as the swelling goes away, your buttocks will unfortunately shrink. It does not get bigger.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Results take more time

+1

it is too early to see the finally outcome. you must wait swelling areas go down. sometimes over realistic expectations can make you feel like this. i hope it is not your case. keep in touch with your surgeon.

Ramon Sabala, MD

No result from a BBL

+1

If you had a volume of fat  in each side then the math just does not add up. You should see a result at this point. Other than fat you could consider an implant but this will generally only fill the central portion of the buttocks and not the roundness along the trochanteric region.

3 Weeks Post BBL, Unhappy With Results.

+1

Things do not sound right! Best to obtain second opinions from boarded PLASTIC SURGEON in MIAMI. Yes posting photos does help. 

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Surgeon Too Busy to see his/ her post operative patients???

You have chosen the wrong surgeon.

As for your questions only your doctor can answer those.