Will 375cc Silicone Unders Give a C Cup from 32a? (photo)

im a 32aa-32a very little tissue. i model so im very tall and thin. im 5'9 and 118lbs. everyone keeps telling me that once they go under the muscle i lose cc's. The doctor suggested 350-375 for a full C but idk if that will be enough. What do u think?

Will 375cc Silicone Unders Give a C Cup from

+2

Maybe but I always recommend 50 cc's larger so a 375 cc UHP would be a better choice in my opinion. Ask about the UHP implants. 

Breast Implant Sizing

+2

In general about every 150cc puts you up on size.  However, this really depends on the patient's anatomy and existing breast tissues which can only be determined during your consultation.  So, the 375 might make you larger than a C cup if that is what you are looking for.  In addition to the volume or size, you also need to consider projection and also shape of the implant.  In my office, we use the VECTRA XT 3D imaging system to help patients choose their implant size, shape and projection.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Wanting a C cup

+2

I believe that a 375 cc implant will certainly take you into a C cup, and quite likely a D cup. The issues with bra sizes are the lack of standardization for a given cup size.  What fits perfect into a C cup may fit perfectly into a D cup from a bra made by a different company.  Best of luck.

Al Cohn, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

375cc?

+2

My guess is that 375 might even take you into a D cup if you are just a 32" chest. You look rather narrow so a high profile implant might work best but I wouldn't go too large or it will make you look very round. It all depends on the "look" you are going for. Take photos with you on your consultation. No matter what anyone tells you on this site, a good exam and consultation by a good suregon is the best thing to do. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Cup Size and Breast Augmentation

+2

I think that a 350cc-375cc implant will give you enough volume to achieve a "Victoria Secret" C cup size breast.  However, cup size is a not an ideal measurement of breast size because cup size is not standardized.  Department store cup sizes tend to run smaller than Victoria Secret; i.e. D cup at Victoria Secret would likely be a C cup at Dillards or Macy's.  A better way to determine your breast size goal is to try on sizers and to pick a volume that achieves the look that you desire.

You also mentioned some concern about going under the muscle and losing cc's.  Placing an implant under the muscle will not result in a smaller breast, but it will result in a more natural breast.  In patients with smaller breasts, I strongly recommend placing the implant under the muscle to give the patient a more natural feeling and appearing breast.

Best wishes with your surgery!

Patrick C. Wilson, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Will a 375 cc implant make me a C cup from an A cup?

+2

Your height and weight measurements along with your photo suggest that a 375 cc implant will not be enough to make you a full C cup. You will most likely have to be in the low to mid 400cc's. And it may be preferable to use high-profile implants because yuor chest width may not adequayely accomodate larger implants. But, ultimately, you  need to be examined to make a final decision.

George Lefkovits, MD

Will 375cc silicone unders give a 'C' cup from 32'A'?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Will 375 cc give a C cup?

+1

Given that you are tall and slim, 375cc may give you full-C cup or even D cup depending on the bra that you wear.  Although it is difficult to advise on a size without examining you in person, if you want to have a larger implant, you may consider ultra-high profile 400cc implant.

Sugene Kim, MD