Is It Safe to Swim 5 weeks After Breast Augmentation?

I had breast augmentation 2weeks ago and am just wondering if 5weeks is long enough for healing that I can swim while on vacation in October.

Swimming after Breast Augmentation

+2

It is perfectly safe to go swimming at five weeks. I permit my patients to swim in a pool at two weeks unless there has been a wound healing problem. The incision heals very quickly and is impervious to bacteria in a matter of days. Go for it and enjoy your new look.

Timing for swimming after breast implant augmentation

+1

With a straightforward breast augmentation, swimming is usually possible 5 weeks after surgery but I wouldn't recommend diving off the hihg dive. If you underwent a lift or other procedure, I would be less  hesitant to permit you until 6 weeks. YOu should discuss this with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

If the incisions are completely healed then swimming at this time is permissible

+1

Given your incisions have healed properly then submerging your breasts underwater at 5 weeks after your surgery is permissible. If your incisions still have crusting or scabbing on the surface this might indicate incomplete healing and the possibility of small openings that would admit water into the pocket housing the implant. Since pool water contains bacteria this could lead to an infection. If you are uncertain as to how well your incisions are healed it is always best to have your surgeon pass judgment on their condition before going swimming.

Swimming after breast augmentation

+1

Most activities may usually be resumed 4 weeks after breast augmentation, and swimming is not contraindicated as long as your incisions are closed and healing normally. Always check with your plastic surgeon beforehand.

Swimming after breast augmentation

+1

Provided your incision has healed normally and adequately, you should be able to swim five weeks after breast augmentation surgery.  Once the scar has begun to heal, it is safe to be in water.  However you should wait several weeks because swimming pools, oceans, jacuzzi's, etc. have lots of bacteria which can potentially infect the incision.

Consult with your board certified plastic surgeon prior to swimming, but five weeks should be fine.

Dr. Bruno

Swimming after Breast augmentation

+1

I would allow you to swim 5 weeks following your augmentation assuming your wounds are well-healed and there are no other problems.  I agree with Dr. Stone that this a question which is best addressed to and answered by your operating surgeon.

Swimming After 5 Weeks Should Be Fine

+1

As long as everything is well healed and your doctor has given you the ok, then you should have no issues at all.  I let my patients go swimming one week after surgery as long as everything is healing fine and there are no healing issues.  I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely

+1

You should be well healed and ready for all activities now.  Therefore,  go swimming and enjoy yourself!

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Care after plastic surgery

+1

I have to answer your question with a question- why are you not asking your surgeon? If you did ask your surgeon did you get an answer that you did not like? If you did get an answer whether you liked it or not why would you not include it in your post? When you pay for cosmetic surgery the after care is included. Doctors who operate and then disappear or do not provide after care may be able to deliver the surgery at a lower price but are abandoning their patients and should be avoided.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.