Is 500cc Too Big for Me?

I'm 5'3 121lb Chest Pand is Bout 13in ..This was my first time getting a breast augmentation .. I was a 32AA Cup ... So now im wondering if ive made the right chose. Please help

TRY THIS FUN BREAST SIZING TOOL

+2

The link below has a fun breast sizing tool that may be fun for you to play with as an estimate only. You may want to attempt the rice test or zip-lock tests, I have described in earlier answers. Also you can purchase breast sizers.

Impossible to Tell Size Based On Implant Size

+2

Unfortunately, it is impossible to now what size is appropriate for your body, breasts, etc. without seeing you and performing an examination.  In some women your size, 500cc may be an ideal size for what they are trying to achieve.  In others, it maybe too large or even too small.  It depends on many variables, from breast width, breast amount, height, weight, frame structure, etc.  In general, a 500cc implant on anyone, even with almost nothing to start out with, should make them in the D range.  I hope this helps. 

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast implant size?

+1

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:
1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Choosing an Implant Size

+1

Without photos or an examination, it is hard to say what would be right for you. Everyone's body anatomy is different and a 125 cc implant in you will look very different in someone else. For this reason, it's best to consult with several surgeons and make a decision that both you and your surgeon are comfortable with.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Did you choose the right size implant?

+1

Choosing the correct size implant is based on your breast anatomy and your goals. Your anatomy sets the stage by providing a range of implants which fit your body. How large you go within that range is determined by your aesthetic goals. A 500cc implant is considered large, particularly if you place them in a previous A cup breast. Whether or not those implants are "right" for you is a decision that in the end, only you can answer. If you are unhappy, wait at least 6 months and reevaluate. If you are still unhappy, you can always have smaller implants placed.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Implants that are Too Big!

+1

It is difficult to say with out pictures.  Based on your stature, weight and chest measurements I would say that 500 cc implants are "too" big!  Over time the weight of the implant will stretch the skin and thin breast tissue.  I try to guide patients to implant sizes that will enhance their appearance but will cause minimal problems long term.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS