5'1" 32C - 355cc Over Muscle HP - What Size Will I End Up?

25th september i am having my op.i am 5"1 32c and 8 stone,i am having over the muscle 355cc,high profile ,what size do you think i will end up?if anyone has over the mucsles please tell me ,are you happy with your choice?my doc is the one that wants to do overs.he said we can talk more on the day of surgery,and change to under the mucsles if thats what i want.i am so confussed,and scared.i dont have the money to go back if i make the wrong choice....

Your surgeons plan should work well given you will be comfortable with a DD cup.

+2

My rule of thumb is that for every 200ccs added to ones breast there will be an increase of one cup size. Applying this formula to a 355cc implant should increase your breast size by 1.5 to 2 cups making you about a DD cup. The choice of a subglandular implant in your case is acceptable since your existing breast tissue is adequate to camouflage your implant eliminating the need to position the implant under the muscle. In fact, it would be better not to place the implant under the muscle if the lower portion of your breast falls significantly(two finger breaths) below the fold. I do believe, given you are comfortable with a DD cup, that the original plan will work just fine.

This is a DISASTER in the making.

+2

I feel very strongly that decisions about surgery SHOULD NOT be made on the day of surgery.  All of my patients are seen several times prior to surgery and ALL decisions are finalized before the day of surgery.  Being uncertain about what you want or what is going to happen this close to surgery is a recipe for a DISASTER!

I am very disappointed that you are uncertain about what your final size or appearance will be.  All of my patients arrive on the day of surgery already knowing that they will be VERY HAPPY with their choice of implant size, because they have worn them in a bra and have seen what they will do.

If  you are not absolutely convinced that you have made the right decision, then DON'T have surgery--that's the bottom line.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

We only recommend over the muscle in patients who need a lift, but refuse the incisions.  Otherwise, for safety, under the muscle is better.   If you choose over, discuss the option of textured implants, which will decrease your risk of capsular contracture.

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast implant sizing

+1

t is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Breast Cup Size after Augmentation

+1

First of all, there is no guarantee of cup size after augmentation, all sizes look different from person to person. I prefer submuscular placement, as it tends to hide and cover the implant better. You may or may not be a candidate for that procedure, if you have full or mildly low breasts, your contours will look better with an implant over the muscle. If you are a C and you add 350cc, be prepared for a D, especially over the muscle where you can see the most projection. Also rem

Cup size and breast implants

+1

I would schedule another consultation with the surgeon to help you with this decision prior to surgery. I can't predict or even begin to estimate your final size without knowing where you are starting. Are you an A cup or C cup. If you are presumably starting with an A. cup, 355cc should take you ON AVERAGE to a full C cup

+1

What is truly disturbing is your confusion to size you are receiving. PLEASE discuss with the operating surgeon. In my opinion and without any photos I guess you will be a small D cup. Also I recommend BELOW the muscle placement. 

Implant selection

+1

The night before surgery is not a great time to be second guessing you choices that I assume you  made in consultatiuon with your surgeon.  It is hard to predict the final size you will end up.  Starting with a full C will more than likely give you enough coverage for the implant. So going over the muscle may be ok for your.

Questions before breast augmentation

+1

Please make sure that all of your questions are answered by your surgeon before you have surgery.  In most cases, I suggest under the muscle (submuscular) placement of silicone implants.  In most cases, I also use moderate profile implants since high profile may give you an implant looks.  Above the muscle (subglandular) also has a higher chance of giving you a implant look.  So, it all really depends on what you are trying to achieve.  Good luck with your surgery.

Web reference: http://www.shaferplasticsurgery.com

Discuss the surgical plan with your doc prior to day of surgery

+1

I'm sorry to hear that on the eve of your breast augmentation surgery- you still have lingering questions about your surgical plan. ideally, the time to discuss and decide about your surgical plan is at the pre-operative appointment. Issues like implant type, size, positioning and incision location should all be discussed, decided upon and documented for you. 'Fear' is a consequence of what we do not know and we have not planned for. Call up your surgeon and have your surgical plan detailed for you.  

Web reference: http://www.breastaugmentation-seattle.com/html/breast_surgery_revision.php

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.