I Want to Get Rid of Liquid Silicone in my Butt. What and How Can I Do It?

The silicone injections have moved and infected and I want to get rid of it. What will be the procedure??

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Silicone Butt Injections.....

+2

Unfortunately, this is a very common question from patients who get silicone injected into their buttocks.  There is no easy way to remove it.  Silicone Oil is injected into and spreads throughout the tissues of your buttocks.  When you get infections of this, oil or when your body reacts to it forming granulomas, it is a very difficult problem to treat.  Localized areas can be surgically removed.  Some may need to be debrided (cleaned out) and left open to drain and heal from the inside out.  Usually removal of silicone and silicone granulomas results in a deformed buttocks. If the problem is bad enough or the pain is severe enough, then it needs to be done! What, if anything, can be done afterwards about the deformity will have to be addressed later.  

Web reference: http://www.DiscoverTheBeauty.com

Removing liquid silicone from the buttocks

+1

Silicone injections into the buttcoks are very dangerous and are illegal in the United States. Unfortunately there are quite a few patients who have undergone this procedure and are suffering the consequences which may include hardness, areas of discoloration, pain, drainage,defromity, and systemic health problems. Trying to remove these liquid injections which have permeated the various layers of tissues is very difficult, and is associated with complications including infection, loss of skin,and deformity. If there are 1 or 2 discreetly defined areas which are indurated they may possibly be attended to. But, again removing them  is problemmatic.

Want to Get Rid of Liquid Silicone in my Butt. What and How Can I Do It?

+1

RE - "The silicone injections have moved and infected and I want to get rid of it"

"Buyer's Remorse" is extremely common with injection of Silicone (?caulking), PMMA and a host of other substances into the buttocks. the sad truth is that the injections are NOT done into a single space but instead are infiltrated THROUGH the tissues. Removing these un-natural fillers and the scar tissue around it is frustrating to the surgeon and often leaves the patient with a buttock deformity which is MUCH worse than the deformity which prompted them to seek these "treatments".

When dealing with an infected foreign body, such as presumably is the case here, the only answer is surgical removal and allowing the body to heal itself. Unfortunately, this is much easier said than done. These procedures are not cheap. They need to be done repeatedly and as stated above, are associated with depressions, dimpling and permanent scarring.

Dr. Peter a Aldea